“Charged $200 without cause.”

Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was my second time staying at this hotel. The lady at the front desk, on both occasions in very inhospitable. But this particular stay I was shocked to receive a call from the hotel, while out for lunch, indicating that they were charging me $200 for smoking in the bathroom. I was not smoking in the bathroom or anywhere else in my room. This was a hard one to argue, as I am a smoker. But - always adhere to non-smoking rules and went downstairs to the front, or back for every ciggarette. They claimed there were ashes on the floor in the bathroom.... When I got back, I did actually find ashes on the floor in the bathroom; obviously left there by someone else and not cleaned by the maid. I cleaned them up myself. All I can say is if you are a smoker, do not under any circumstances, stay at this hotel. As, adhering to the rules does not mean you are safe from accusations and subsequent charges.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Valerie T
blueangelinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

We are disputing this review with Trip Advisor because the guest clearly smoked in the room and we are 100% non smoking. She was upset because we told her where to smoke but still smoked in the room so we charged her the fee.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were very disapointed as this hotel was not near the beaches (30mn by car).
Complimentary breakfast is ok but the room is too small and you have to wait to seat. Otherwise it is the usual standard for Best Western plus, you just have to know that you are closed to the highway and far from Pensacola and the beaches.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
blueangelinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Hello Blanche1984. Thank you for staying with us and doing a review on our hotel. We are located right off of I10 with easy access to all that Pensacola has to offer. Yes we are 17 miles from the beach and with traffic can take 20-30 minutes but that is interstate driving. Which is stated on our website. We can offer lower rates than the beach hotels so it depends on what the guest needs are..pay less with free hot breakfast and drive or pay $200-$300 more per night and stay on the beach with no free breakfast. I would just suggest that maybe you mapquest where your wanting to go next time and the distance from the hotel you choose to make sure that's the location you want to be in.
Safe Travels

Reviewed July 20, 2013

After a long day of traveling this BW Blue Angel Inn was a nice place to relax and unwind. We usually stay at BWs due to a consistent good product delivered to the customer and this BW was no different; nice location, secure, safe, close to fun things

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Michael P. for the kind words. We work very hard to take care of our guest so that everyone enjoys their stay. We thank you for staying with us and hope you stay again if ever in Pensacola!
Best regards,

Reviewed July 18, 2013

On our road trip we stayed at four different hotels. The staff was by far the most courteous. Breakfast ended at 9 and our girls ran late and hostess was gracious enough to allow us to eat at the late hour. Very accommodating. Our keys nd our rooms were waiting for us. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
blueangelinn, Front Desk at Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you Cynthia F. for doing a review on our property. We are glad that you and the girls enjoyed your stay and got to enjoy breakfast. We hope to see you again when traveling through Pensacola.
Safe Travels
Sece

Reviewed July 16, 2013

we recently traveled from spring, texas to palm bay, florida. its a trip of 1050 miles. on both going and return, we stayed at the best western in pensacola, florida as it is exactly the half way point to our destination. we have stayed here before and will in the future. it is very well cared for both the property and the rooms. my favorite part though is the complimentary breakfast in the morning! no need to go out for breakfast when you stay here, good hot food and lots of it. better make a reservation as they are usually full. if you are traveling from houston on I-10 E., take the exit marked 7a-b. in the evening, there are are additional restaurants close by as well as gas. best western blue angel, a good place to rest.

Room Tip: get on the first floor, close to the pool and breakfast area.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hello Fred D. Thank you for taking time to do a survey on our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again on your travels to Pensacola.

Go Texans!!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Visiting family at UWF and Naval station so central to both and the historic district and beaches,time spent at hotel only to sleep and have breakfast. Hotel filled to capacity and was very quiet,breakfast enough to get you started in the morning. King room clean and comfortable on 3rd floor. stayed 3 nights,close to highway,no noise from vehicles at all. Pool looked clean,but didn't use but others were enjoying. I was able to print boarding passes for my outgoing flight in business center free of charge. Friendly staff, housekeeping does fine job,front desk helped with early 5a.m. taxi. Breakfast hostess,friendly,clean and attentive and makes you feel at home.

Room Tip: Back side of hotel,upper floor very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
blueangelinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for the review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed your trip. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I recently started a job as a corporate trainer with a large company. I conduct training classes in Pensacola and the trainees travel from all around the Florida and Alabama area and need weekly hotel accomadations as do I. During my first visit I was very disappointed with the hotel the company was using so I convinced them to allow me to look for something better. After reading Trip Advisor I decided to stay at the Blue Angel Inn and I was very happy with my choice. The staff was friendly and the entire property was very clean. Going forward my class participates will be staying here as well.

Stayed: June 2013

Great to hear John D. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again. Good luck with your new position.
Best Regards