“Actually we didn't sleep here...”

Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We got to the hotel at 9pm, with reservation for two rooms. When we told the front desk clerk (Miriam), our reservation number, she found out that they were for the next day. My mistake when I made the reservation online. For that night they didn't have any room, and my reservation for the next day was already charged. I told her we were there just for one night, and she said that there was a non cancellation policy, but since it was a mistake she would call the manager to ask her if she could give us our money back.
Melissa Stearns the manager, allowed Miriam, to refund us.
Miriam was great, after refunding our money, she called Holiday Inn, and got us a suite for that night, and got us a discount on the price. Thanks a lot Miriam, if we go back to Pensacola, we'll sleep at the Blue Angel Inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
blueangelinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

So glad to hear that everything worked out and Miriam was able to help you. We look forward to you staying here on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were on the road to Lousianna and stayed here by chance. What a beautiful hotel. The room was large, as was the bathroom. Clean, good towels. Hooray. The breakfast was wonderfrul and the attendant was about the nicest person you could ever have met. Wonderful lady. The rest of the staff was friendly also. Good place and if we had to stay here again, we would without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nbuch4242

Thank you for staying with us and the kind words. Mrs. Jean is a wonderful breakfast attendant and a special person. I will let her know about your response, that will brighten her day. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very pleased with our stay at the Blue Angel Inn. The room was very cleaned, and larger than expected. We had just visited the National Naval Air Museum and really pleased with all the convenience to the highway.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone passing thru Pensacola.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
blueangelinn, Front Desk at Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. The whole staff works very hard to make sure every guest is happy and has a wonderful stay. We hope to see you again.
Patty
Front Desk

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is beautiful, the staff is helpful and friendly, and the rooms are nice and clean. We loved this hotel and if ever in the area again we will be staying! I will be recommending this hotel to all my friends and family if they ask were to stay in Pensacola.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
blueangelinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you Terri for taking time to do a review on our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again on your next visit to Pensacola.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed here on our motorcycle trip across a few states. This is by far the best hotel we stayed in and we cant say enough good things about it.
The whole staff was friendly and always willing to answer questions and help us. The breakfast was hot and fresh and offered so many items. My wife has to have low sugar items and there was lots of sugar free options which never happens in hotels.
The manager Melissa let us use the meeting room free to host a meet and greet and social hour. Mirim was very helpful with resturant directions.
Housekeeping was wonderful, the rooms were so clean and our room was always fresh when we got back for the day.
We will stay here again and tell everyone that this is the best choice in Pensacola!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking time to do a review. We had a blast with your Harley crew. You all were so nice and made it fun for our staff as well as your group. We are glad to hear that you will be with us again in the fall. See you then and happy and safe travels.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had to go to Pensacola on some family business on Feb 9th-11th. We stayed at the Best Western Blue Angels Inn in Pensacola. I was a little worried since I really didnt know the area, but after looking on Tripadvisior and saw that it was ranked 3rd, it eased my mind. We had a great stay. From the moment we walked in the doors, the front desk clerk ( I wished I could remember her name), was so great and so helpful, even saw that my husband was handicapped, and put us in a handicapped room. She told us where everything was, and was so accomadating with any questions we had. The room was very nice and the bathroom was perfect for my husbands needs.
The next day, the same front desk was there as when we checked in, and gave us directions to the places we wanted to go. The whole staff, was very very friendly. And breakfast was pretty good too! We really did enjoy our stay, and if we are down there again, we will be sure to go back.
If I had any complaint at all, it would be the pillows. I have never seen small square pillows in a hotel room before. There was five, I got three, my husband got two. They are not easy to sleep on. So I would say, if you are going to stay here, and you should, just bring your own pillows.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jdw1986

Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a good time in Pensacola and hope that you return. I apologize for the pillows sometimes the housekeepers fold then to tight in squares but they are standard size pillows, sometimes we have to fluff them. I will speak to them about that.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Pensacola Best Western/Blue Angel Inn and were very happy with that choice. The motel was very clean, well appointed and comfortable. Staff was very professional, helpful and above all, they were friendly. Many times we've stayed at motels and hotels where the staff acts like we are a bother to them. We didn't feel that here at all. In fact, because of extreme weather, including tornadoes in the forecast, we checked out 1 day early. The front desk person was very understanding and cancelled our last day so we could leave before the storms hit. There's no doubt that we'll stay there again when we're in the area.

Room Tip: This motel was away from high traffic areas and was very quiet. Room choice shouldn't be that cr...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to do a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you made it home before the weather hit. We hope that you stay with us again when you are traveling to Pensacola.