Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza
Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Atlanta
“overall good clean hotel”
Reviewed June 22, 2009

This Hampton Inn is fairly new but it is very clean and comfortable, the beds and pillows are great! The beds at the hampton inn on the beach are horrible but I think these beds are awesome. Housekeeping was very helpful and friendly. The only two complaints I would have would be the pool area, it's very cheap looking and not that inviting but the water was clean and clear which is always a plus, also, it's a little overpriced due to the location and the view.
They also have extra's you can buy like icecream, frozen dinners etc...
Overall this was a nice and clean hotel for our weekend stay in Pensacola.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
California
Reviewed June 13, 2009

We spent one night in a standard 2 QU room. The room was clean and the beds comfortable in typical Hampton Inn style. Bathroom functioned perfectly fine in every way. The public areas were decorated pleasantly and clean with comfortable furnishings.

Breakfast is the usual Hampton fare, with a few more cold cereal selections than I often see. But the same pastries as every other Hampton. I never sample the hot dishes, but the coffee was fine.

My interaction with the service was limited, but the front desk was efficient and the breakfast person was nice.

Wireless internet worked fine for us. I spent several hours in the breakfast area working and never dropped the connection and speeds were fine.

If you are familiar with clean, comfortable Hampton Inns, this is one of them.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
charlotte,nc
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We were here for a wedding memorial day and this staff is flat out awful and the corporate folks should be ashamed at the lack of competence here. When I asked for 1 towel I was told to come down and get it!! The rooms are in terrible shape the pool is the size of a hot tub, the beach is 30 minutes away and the mall accross the street has three stores and is a run down ghost town. Stay at Hampton Cordova Mall if you want a decent room, and oh yeah the breakfest bar sucked out loud!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Ponte Vedra, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Passing through for just one night, we chose this hotel for it's proximity to the I-10. It is located on a parcel lot next to the very sad University Mall. Check-in was a breeze, the room was clean and comfortable and we found the internet to be just fine. There are plenty of choices for restaurants in the area. The breakfast next morning was typical Hampton Inn style, adequate but not memorable. Would definitely come back if passing through.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed May 4, 2009

This Hampton Inn is a nice hotel, conveniently located near I-10. When we first arrived, we were surprised to see how many nearby hotels and restaurants have closed. We heard that University Mall (located across the parking lot) is planning an extensive renovation, which is why the mall currently only has 3 stores open. But there are still plenty of other places to eat nearby. The hotel has a free breakfast, and in the evenings, cookies by the front desk. They have a pool, a workout room, and laundry facilities. My only complaint is that their wireless internet is very weak. It disconnected every few minutes. Otherwise it was a very nice place, although a little pricey.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Laguna Beach, CA
Reviewed April 19, 2009

OVERVIEW: Found this to be a convenient and friendly location. Not particularly close to the tourist or beach areas, but I was just passing through so this was fine.

LOCATION: Off of the 10 freeway and behind a mall, this is a really low-key area. If you're looking to be close to the historic areas or the beach, this is not the right place for you. If that's not your aim, this is a safe and sensible location.

HOTEL: Newer property in a cluster of similar hotel chains. Standard Hampton Inn look-feel with the usual breakfast area, pool and fitness room. The service I received was excellent from beginning to end. They mainly get business-week traffic, so my Friday stay was very quiet and uncrowded.

ROOM: Standard Hampton Inn room (#325) with everything you need. I liked the bottle of water and granola bar that were left for me as a complimentary welcome. Very clean, well-maintained with a large bathroom. TV had more channels than I normally see, which was nice. Free internet worked great.

RECOMMENDATIONS: If you're coming to Pensacola for a holiday or time at the beach, this is not for you. If you're passing through or on a business trip, you'll love this place - it's got what you need and the service was great.

TIPS: This historic downtown has some nice dinner options. One recommendable comfort-food/southern-food place was the *very* casual Marina Oyster Barn - great service and good food, mostly locals and fresh everything.

BOOKING: $108 through Hampton Inn website.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
Mobile,AL
Reviewed April 3, 2009

When you stay at the Hampton you seem to get a good mattress, clean room, good decor and predictable service...not bad things at all in a hotel experience.
The cleanliness could not be faulted. And the decor had enough of a designer touch throughout the hotel to give a good impression of comfort and luxury. My room lacked a fridge or microwave and they were missed. The mattress good, better than most but not quite as good as the Courtyard foam mattress.
A comparison between this and the Courtyard nearby is inevitable as I stayed in this room right after a night at the Courtyard. I was staying in town for at least two nights and took the opportunity to try both as the price was similar. I would leave the decision to personal brand preference or price. Be prepared to factor in 7.95 plus tax and tip with the Courtyard to have (an albeit better) breakfast. And remember the possible lack of fridge/microwave in the room at the Hampton.
But for a quiet, comfortable room with complementary breakfast until 10:00 am, the Hampton Inn fills the need nicely.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple