“great hotel, poor service on checkin”

Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 4, 2013

When we checked in, had to wait for 5 minutes before someone came out to the desk to help us. Then, she proceeded to make a very negative personal phone call and ignored us. I finally left the paperwork on the counter, picked up what I assumed were my room keys and we left to find our room. Glad the day staff were much friendlier and the room was nice, or we would not recommend because of the way we were treated at checkin.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Only stayed one night. Room was HUGE for a 2 queen 1 sofabed studio. Gave us a chance to spread out a bit when relaxing. Also requeated wxtra towels erc and they brought them up to the room quickly.
Really no complaints! Would stay in again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My family and I stayed only one night at this hotel but the staff was great! Check in was fast, the staff was very helpful and friendly. Room was clean. Breakfast was delicious! Would definitely stay again!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I love this Hampton Inn. I picked this Hampton Inn because it's close to where my family stay in Pensacola. I have stayed in this hotel more than five times. Each time I've stayed, I never experienced any problems. The housekeepers are very friendly and helpful.The breakfast is good for the price I paid for the room. To describe my stay I would say that: it's in a great location, nice staff, and clean rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Rooms were beautiful, comfortable and clean. The women who took care of the dining area and breakfast are hard working and wonderful. Everyone was great, except for Laura the person who checked us in. There was some miscommunication when I made my reservations and she was unbending and inflexible. You only have one opportunity to make a good first impression and she failed miserably. I'm rating service average because of her. Everyone else was amazing!

1  Thank Cindy D
Reviewed July 21, 2013

If you are looking for a super clean and comfortable room, then you found it with this hotel. Rooms and cleanliness is a five star standard and a three star price. Decent hot breakfast, good location. My son and I were there for new student orientation at UWF. I will be staying there again when I return in August and any other time I come back to the area. Beds and linens were comfortable and super clean. Staff were nice and helpful. No disappointments.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I travel a lot but never given Hampton Inn serious consideration as my choice for accommodations. However, this location has changed my mind. The staff was polite and helpful, the facilities were well maintained, and my room was beyond expectation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vernetta M
Travelers also viewed these Pensacola hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola / I-10 Pine Forest Road
Hampton Inn Pensacola Airport (Cordova Mall Area)
Comfort Inn - Pensacola / N Davis Hwy
Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center
Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport
Motel 6 Pensacola West
Motel 6 Pensacola West
#26 of 65 in Pensacola

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza

Address: 7050 Plantation Rd, Pensacola, FL 32504-6330
Location: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Pensacola
#4 Family Hotel in Pensacola
#5 Romantic Hotel in Pensacola
#6 Business Hotel in Pensacola
Price Range: $98 - $214 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza 2.5*
Our Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola-University Mall hotel boasts an ideal location in the charming coastal village and thriving resort of Pensacola, Florida. Minutes from our hotel in Pensacola, Florida, you can explore Gulf Islands National Seashore, Pensacola Beach, and over fifty miles of pristine white shores. Enjoy a warm welcome and friendly service at our hotel in Pensacola, Florida and start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast and famous waffles. Catch up with work in our free business center or host a meeting or gathering for up to 30 people in our meeting space. Work out in our fitness center, enjoy a refreshing swim in our outdoor pool or visit the beautiful sandy shores of Pensacola Beach. Retire to a comfy guest room featuring an HDTV and free high-speed wireless internet access and get some rest on a clean and fresh Hampton bed®. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola-University Mall Hotel Pensacola