“Another great Hampton Inn Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed here on the way to Orlando for Spring Break (as did apparently a good portion of the state of TX it appeared.....) Had 6 people divided up into 2 rooms, so had plenty of room with 2 Queen size beds in each. Staff was very polite, as always. Standard Hampton Inn complimentary breakfast, which is always a hit with the kids.

Would stay here again if we were just passing thru, but didn't appear to be the greatest location if you were staying in Pensacola for vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza

Reviewed March 10, 2012

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn before. Our experience was good before but even better this time. We received a daily newspaper, maybe because we are Hiltons Honors members. The receptionist offered to put us in a king suite for no extra charge. The suite has a sofa and refrigerator.

The reason I chose the Hampton Inn instead of the Holiday Inn is that they have a great breakfast. Their breakfast varied each day and they had a make-your-own pancake machine, eggs, cereal, bagel, muffins, fruit, yogurt, pretty much whatever you would want.
There is coffee available all day and night and some evenings they had freshly made cookies. There is a bowl of bananas and apples in the lobby too that you can have at any time.

The beds were typical of Hampton Inn which is very good. We had extra pillows and I asked for an extra blanket and got one very quickly.

The only glitch we had was that I had booked our reservation at hamptoninn.com and the rate at check-out was not the same. I had brought my receipt with me and the receptionist made the change to the bill to what it should have been.

There were no cars racing around in the adjoining shopping center parking lot as I was afraid of. We had a great time here and definitely would return.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor in a king suite which was very nice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Pros: Nice hotel, clean, good bedding, nice bathrooms, good shower, free international breakfast with extras, free coffee all day, free paper, nice social lounge area, close to many restaurants.

Cons: not much but the hotel is next to the mall which is pretty old and run down, not very convenient to the main roads, and probably the priciest in the immediate vicinity. Walking through the halls sounds and feels like your walking in an attic.

A very good hotel for the area and an above average hotel overall.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I love staying with Hampton, their beds are the best. This one was pretty noisy, could hear just about everything going on in the hallway. Overall really clean and in a good location.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stopped in Pensacola on our way to Orlando - the hotel was fine for the purpose - an overnight stay. Nothing much to write about, the breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2011

A fine hotel, clean, comfortable, good front desk. There was drywall work by our room, got woke up at 8:30 in morning. Not good, but not Hampton's fault. So when we brought this up they immediatly refunded our entire stay. That is service you can't find anywhere but Hampton. I'll be back Thank you

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This hotel is in the strangest area! It says "University Mall" which implies it is an area with a shopping mall, as well a college area. It is neither!!
I will tell you about our experience and let people judge for themselves, since I know what is a big deal to some, is not to others.
We (my husband, teenage son and myself) needed to be in Pensacola for 4 nights (would have stayed 5 if it was nice enough) to attend an event my son was participating in, so we weren't looking for a "beach vacation" even though they were very close by. I had specifically booked a suite with a King and a Queen since my husband and I are both tall and my son is already 6'4". I booked directly through Hilton Honors, am only pointing that out because sometimes hotel management likes to say they aren't as responsible when people book "through discount 3rd party sites". They made no mention of this being a problem of any sort. We arrived at 2:30 after a long 7 hr drive, hoping to check in, even knowing ck in is at 3. The front desk people were VERY rude and just said -- sorry, ck in is at 3. Ok -- we're easy going, we went to get my son something to eat and then ran in the Walmart to pick up a few things for the week -- we got back at 3:40 -- not only did she rudely say it wasn't ready -- she offered not apology, nothing! It was a VERY hot day and at this point after driving we were exhausted. I don't get upset about much, but manners and customer service are VITAL to me! We sat in the lobby and she never offered us a bottle of water, an apology for our wait.... nothing! At 4:05, she glances up and says "it's ready".....we didn't get an "enjoy your stay", thanks for waiting patiently -- nothing! We would be out of business if we ever treated customers that way!!! So..... we get off the elevator and we notice there is wallpaper hanging off of the walls, the carpet strip is rolled off.....clearly, something is going on, but we don't know what? We get to our room and discover it's not what we reserved, but a King bed with a double pull out couch. Well, let me tell you, put a large teenage athlete on one of those things and you have misery!! I call downstairs and she rudely states, "that's ALL we have". Again, no, apology for not giving us what we asked for! If we hadn't been up since 4:am and driven in the car, waited for room, we would have gone somewhere else!!!!
So.... back to this "mall" -- there is NO mall...... there are 3 stores and the rest has been torn down to the ground!! A VERY old Sears, JC Penney and a Belk.... they are all seperated by debri and garbage -- it looks like a bomb went off. I asked someone "did you have a storm or tornado here too?" They said -- no, they just tore it down because another mall was built not far away and business went down. Okkaayy?? So.... there is no "University area" or mall or anything! It is a very rundown area. There was noise ALL night every night -- there was a military family in the room next to us and she said her children were awakened also -- there were actually people drag-racing in the empty, deserted "mall" parking lot and roaring their engines until 4 am!! The morning we checked out a business group had just checked in and at breakfast they said they were planning on calling the police if it continued tonight!!
The breakfast every day was ok, pretty typical but nothing special. The hotel itself is relatively clean, but they did have a Flooding issue on the 3 rd floor which caused all of the rooms being ruined. Would have been nice if I had been told that they didn't have any of what I booked and hadn't for months! Makes me pretty mad to pay extra for something I don't get, then be stuck in discomfort!
The housekeeping staff was very friendly but the front desk people, seriously, were the most rude I have ever had contact with!!! And I don't complain about stuff like that, in general, but this was unbelievable!
The ONLY bright spot was that we found a wonderful little Italian restaurant a few miles away. The owners greeted us at the door, were originally from Sicily -- the food was simple but DELICIOUS!! We also ate down at the beach at Peg Leg Pete's -- good seafood, decent prices, and good wine.
But I would NEVER stay there again!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family