“Nice, comfortable place off the beaten path”

Cottage On The Green
Ranked #31 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Kingwood, Texas, United States
“Nice, comfortable place off the beaten path”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I've stayed here twice and just booked it a third time. You cannot beat it for the price. No its not the ritz carlton but it's always been clean and comfortable. I love the suites with the huge kitchen and living room attached. I've never had a problem with the staff being rude or the room being dirty. It's got the feel of a little family owned place. I'll continue to stay there.

Room Tip: get the suite with use of the kitchen, dining and living room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Madison, Mississippi
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice little cottages situated right next to the Perdido Bay Golf Club. Rooms were comfortable and spacious with refrigerator and microwave. You can drive your cart to the cottages from the course. The course was in very good shape with good greens even after the hard winter freezes that tore up some other courses we played in the area.

Only 5 minutes to 45 minutes from some of the most beautiful beaches in the world!

Only down side was the fact that we never received fresh linens or had our room straightened up over the 3-day Memorial weekend.

Room Tip: Call the property directly to book a reservation and don't book through an internet site. It...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaveMaat
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was pleased with the overall look of the room. The hardwood floors were a pleasant surprise for a hotel. The room was in excellent condition. The location was awesome. There was a minor pest control problem. I noticed a couple of creepy crawlers that I had never seen before. The only other complaint was being awakened by the cleaning lady's radio as she cleaned the adjoining room. I was offered a late checkout upon arrival which was very much appreciated. My two nights there were comfortable, and I would go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank NeiaLK
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights because it was convenient to family. The room was okay, nothing fancy, and first night was fine. The second night, however, we got back to the room about 9PM and the TV was blaring from an adjoining room. When I say blaring, I mean it sounded like it was in our room with the volume way up. When we tried to go to sleep about 11, it was still blaring, so we turned some nature music on our ipad and slept for a few hours. At 2:30AM I woke up and the TV was still blaring. This time I knocked on the door, but got no response. We called the emergency number for the hotel, but got voicemail and no call back. I found out the next day that the room with the TV on is sort of a common area that can be rented as part of a suite. So no one was actually sleeping in it. And there was a sign on the adjoining door in our room about keeping noise down at night, so the hotel must know they have a problem. The walls must be made of paper. Needless, to say, we will not stay there ever again. Just a couple of other observations; the shower is terrible and there were a few bath towels but only one hand towel. We called the hotel a couple of times with questions about check-in, etc. and no one ever answered the phone, although they did call us back. They must not keep any staff on site.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank carol f

Travelers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed in a "cottage" (1 bedroom with 2 queen beds) for two nights with 3 small kids. good location- 10 min from Johnston beach and 15 min to Pensacola Naval base. walmart and fast food within about 5 min drive. No maid service without paying extra, pretty dated interior with rug stains, but a good value for the location. check in is at a realty office about 5 min away from the property with limited hours. Inflexible with cancellations compared with hotels- at a minimum, will charge you 50 dollars for a cancellation even if you cancel well in advance. minifridge/microwave/generously sized room with 2 queen beds. would stay here again if I couldn't find a good deal on the beach.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank familyguy200
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Great Family Suite...this was a great home away from home! The Family Suite was very spacious with great decor in the kitchen , living rooms, and a nice breezy screened in patio. The staff was very nice and accommodating as when we arrived to the front desk the Lady called me by name and greeted me warmly to provide my accommodations info and key. Although upon booking the room we requested a family suite and was given a one bedroom (room only with two queen beds/bath.) due to a discrepancy in the booking search engine I went through online. However, the staff was extremely accommodating, corrected the mistake a provided us with a wonderful family suite. The only downside to our stay was the horribly stained dirty carpets in the bedrooms. Other than this we have no complaints. I definitely stay here again would gladly
recommend to family and friends!

Room Tip: Only stay in and request a Family Suite....if you selected room only you will only be getting A ro...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Teejai67
gainesville florida
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Ok...I always try to be fair, but I am sorry this was horrible. Management and "staff" not present. When opening door it was unlocked. First to hit you is the mold smell, then the nasty carpet. No pictures on wall, no phone, and smoke detector in drawer next to bed. WOW! Do not look for ice this place is bring your own everything. I wish I could just tell you that the coffee cups were nasty. The handle on the hot water in sink very loose do not touch it. When you sit on the toilet it moves. Shower stall should not be white, because the attempt to wash the stall had smears of black (dirt). Stayed for two days, should have stayed somewhere else (busy weekend). Left to go to family visit, came back around 4pm to get something, room was not cleaned. Called the place where we picked up key and was told no one could come over. They said we had to pay for this service in advance in which my husband said he paid 15 dollars extra for...gonna get this back. I asked if someone could just throw some towels in, negative!!! Only reason for towels is there was 4 towels to begin with , but they were as thin as paper. Do not take towels to pool or they will charge you??? Oh ya the contract. The bar -restaurant is a great place for old women to catch a man and get a extra shot of booze with a wink. Saw this with my own eyes. I guess the girls get extra tips this way. I made husband PROMISE he would never pick a motel, hotel, resort again. I felt bad for him cause he wanted to make this trip wonderful. Stay at the "WON'T TELL MOTEL" before this one. Trust me please...run don't walk.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Trixi01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base
#12 of 65 in Pensacola
Palacio Condominiums
Palacio Condominiums
#7 of 11 in Perdido Key

Been to Cottage On The Green? Share your experiences!