“Slow service”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The service at 1912 was very slow. We were guests at the hotel and decided to check it out late in the evening. There were not very many patrons, yet we did a lot of waiting around. The food was ok but not worth the money.

1  Thank Sweetdiggs
There are newer reviews for 1912 Restaurant

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I would occasionally be in downtown Pensacola and enjoyed visiting the 1912 Restaurant located in the Crown Plazza Pensacola just off I-110 at Gregory.
Then a hurricane cam and tore the place apart. We went back a few times but the restaurant had never opened so we kind of forgot about it until recently when I was on the way home from an early morning adventure and traveled down 12th Ave and got hungry. I thought, I'll just ride down this street I rarely travel on and explore a new breakfast place but didn't see anything. What I did see were several new barbecue places with people outside at 9 am firing up outside pits and what appeared to be the making of another culinary adventure for me, I'll come back some time and let you know.
I got all the way to Gregory and I heard on the radio an advertisement for "Another Broken Egg" opening up on Gregory and then I saw the light turn green and I was looking at the Crown Plazza and a voice said, come back and say hello, so I did and turned into the Crown Plazza parking lot.
I went in and got seated at the 1912. The interior was beautiful, the renovation from a visual perspective a ragging success. I was immediately seated and knew what I wanted as I had pursued the posted menu outside the restaurant before journeying inside.
I got the omelet with multiple meats and it was delicious. I questioned whether I could eat it as it was huge but my server said she had faith in me so in competition mode I paced myself and did it all in and was so full I couldn't eat till dinner. The coffee was hot, the grits hot, the service terrific, the atmosphere perfect for me as it was quite and I sat there and read and enjoyed a peaceful morning. I am going back for lunch and see how the other menu items compare to the great breakfast I experienced and will let you know.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Waitress was very friendly. Very reasonably priced. Loved the green fried tomato BLT and southern potato salad.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Nothing too special here, it's just what you would expect from a large hotel. I will say; however, that the prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The service was wonderful the food was great and the price was very reasonable. The blackened grouper sandwich welted in my mouthe.