“Simply put great down home cooked seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Marina Oyster Barn

Marina Oyster Barn
Ranked #95 of 664 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Simply put great down home cooked seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2009

Had fried Seafood platters...most things cooked in cornmeal which I prefer but the shrimp had a lighter batter. Fried perfect for me...some places fry too soft...this place was great. Not sure who worked there in the past but the people that worked there and the owners made sure to go out of their way to make sure we had everything and enjoyed our meals. I will go back. Don't believe the negative reviews. I am very picky...and this was a great place to eat.

1 Thank redgirl4ya

Houston
“Oysters on a tin plate swimming in sea water! YUM!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2009

We were really hurting for some great fresh oysters and when I read the review saying they served 'em swimming in sea water on a crusty tin plate, I knew this was the kind of place I grew up loving oysters at! Indeed! They were plump, fresh, wet and wonderful, just as they should be.

The grouper was perfectly cooked and the sides were delicious. It was wonderful food and the service was friendly and prompt.

Pensacola, Florida
“Rude Owners!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

I live in Pensacola and while I believe this restaurant has potential, I feel it will never be what it could be. The reason why, the owners are at times very rude and the oysters swim on a metal plate full of water and dirt. It is disgusting! I have never been in a restaurant where they hand you a plate full of oysters and almost spill the left over sea water in your lap. They need to make it more appetizing. Take some tips from other restaurants, do you see that when you eat oysters there? No! Also, community horseradish in a shared dish on the table is nasty. Aside from that, the fried foods and cheese grits are great.! Try to improve on hospitality to others you don't know as well as the ones you do.

Pensacola
“Fantabulous”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2009

Beautiful view on Bayou Texar. We were made to feel welcome from the time we walked in the door until we finished our banana pudding and paid our bill. Food was fresh and perfectly cooked. Raw oysters were out of this world. Servers were so nice and helpful recommending meals. Did I mention how GOOD the raw oysters were?? I wouks recommend everyone try this restaurant for themselves and form their own opinion. Oh yeah ---you have got to try the oysters!!!!!! My final word----FANTABULOUS

Alabama
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2008

Don't get me wrong, it was not terrible. While it was not like prison food, the folks working there did have the bored and desprate look of inmates. This is a place where they are going through the motions, but have lost the zest for excellence that a good place must have. The oysters were good, probably from the Fla. panhandle. The tip off was how fast they came out after we ordered them. You guessed it, shucked and put on a tray and stashed in the cooler until someone ordered oysters. The rest of the meal was ok, but nothing better than you'd find in any Red Lobster anywhere. The shrimp were suspiciously uniform in size and batter (like out of a box and into a fryer).
Let's hope these folks can relight the fire that gave this place a good reputation in the past.