“Like coming home”

Marina Oyster Barn
Ranked #92 of 698 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 27, 2012

When we lived in Pensacola many years ago, we made the Oyster Barn almost a weekly habit. Now when we go back and visit...we always put aside a night to go have our mullet! This is not a fancy place, but it is a local favorite and has been run by the same family for many years. The Oyster Barn sits right on Bayou Texar and the marina, so the views are nice. Sometimes there are even folks fishing off the dock to the side of the restaurant. The restaurant is small, so get there early or you might have to wait. All the food is great. The mullet is my favorite as well as the gumbo. The cheese grits and baked beans also go well with the fish. You really can't go wrong with anything you order. If you still have room after your meal....try the peanut butter pie! You will be "rolling" out the door as a happy camper!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was responsible for taking some business associates to dinner in Pensacola and I am sort of known for finding places that are a little out of the ordinary. I asked around and was told about this little seafood joint on the water in a little out of the way neighborhood. This is a truly family owned and operated joint that features great seafood, served in a friendy atmosphere. I had the grilled triggerfish and it was outstanding. My partners and I had a variety of oysters-they were all really good. The oyster stew was hot, buttery and very tasty. The server ( who was right on time and was very helpful) recommended the key lime pie and the banana pudding for dessert. Both really hit the spot. Very casual. The beer is just as previously reviewed-COLD! Can hardly wait to go back.

Thank James W. P
Reviewed May 25, 2012

While on business in Pensacola, some of the locals steered me to this unassuming place. The service and the food was tremendous. Fresh oysters and shrimp, and even had mullet as my fish. Most places don't serve this acquired taste, but it was delicious. Crab claws were meaty, and as others have written, the beer is cold. Ate there 3 times during my 10 day stay. Entire seafood platter (fish, shrimp, oysters, crab claws, stuffed crabshell, and 2 sides) only $17.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Down home seafood joint on the marina (charming!) with very welcoming staff and management goes the extra mile. I had scallops and my husband had the triggerfish (catch of the day). Both were excellent. The portion of scallops was huge - more than half the plate was covered - and were grilled perfectly. The triggerfish was flaky, almost buttery, and spiced well prior to grilling. My cheese grits were divine - super cheesey - and they made some more sunce they ha run out. Hubs said the fries were batter dipped and fried well (crunchy outside, not soggy). The salad wasn't anything too special but the house made ranch was delicious. Overall fantastic value.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Service was outstanding and food was excellent. Fresh catch of the day (trigger fish) was a huge hit even with my the whole family and even my 'none seafood loving' daughter. Oysters were huge and tasty. We are definitely headed back before we leave. Oh yeah, the beer is COLD!