“Should be in the top 10”
Review of Cactus Flower Cafe

Cactus Flower Cafe
Ranked #80 of 686 Restaurants in Pensacola
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The food is fresh and the service is wonderful. When I think about a great place to eat Cactus Flower is ALWAYS on the top of the list. Don't leave town without trying the fish tacos or mango shrimp...OUTSTANDING.

1  Thank Myron C

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Unwilling to stand in line at the big chains for a Veterans Day meal, we went to Cactus Flower where we decided we should have gone from the beginning.

First, thanks to Cactus Flower for the salute to veterans with free soup or dip. Second, we had yet another great meal with friendly, attentive service. The mango shrimp bites are always a hit with our group and were excellent. Best tortilla soup in town, and the tacos are better than I can make at home.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I've always have had great 'Cal-Mex' type foods here. Not a spicy chili type Mexican food but more emphasis on the fresh veggies. Service is always friendly and top notch. There is usually too much food to eat in one setting, my wife and I frequent here, sometimes with the kids.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our Pensacola Beach vacation led us to a new restaurant that looked very inviting with its warm South of the border colors and very cool original art (very expensive original art...) on the walls. Our server was attentive and friendly, we ordered the fish tacos meal. The complimentary salsa and chips were very tasty to start. the main course was a huge plate of food each,3 tacos, 2 kinds of beans, rice, salsa, looked good. I am really trying to be fair and mention all the good points first... The tacos were awful, filled with very, very dry little pieces of breaded fried fish and coarsely chopped tasteless white cabbage.The fish was so dry you could not wash it down with a drink. The best things were the rice, the tomato salsa and the whole black beans. We should have send the tacos back, but took home what we did not eat, I "doctored" the fish up for lunch the next day (the seagulls got the taco shells which were tough and tasteless) so it was not a total loss. It did not take all that much to at least make it a halfway decent lunch. My question would be "How much would it have taken for the restaurant to make these tacos great from the start? Again, not that much. Maybe they should try a fish sandwich supreme at "Sidelines" Sports Bar, that meal is an awesome deal, the fish is done RIGHT, has been consistently so for the 5 years we have come to Pensacola Beach. Bob and Gabriele

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I go to the Cactus Flower on 12th Avenue on the average at least once a month. I have just about tried everything there, and I can't find anything that's not just awesome. I have favorites I MUST have and tell myself to try something different the NEXT time. They never disappoint and the service is excellent. You just might have to get there a little earlier during lunch time to beat the crowd. I like that they post scrumptious pictures of their menu items on Facebook. The portions are generous and sometimes you don't have room for dessert, but go ahead and share one - I'd say. Highly recommend checking them out if you haven't already.