“Very Good”
Review of Pot Roast & Pinot

Pot Roast & Pinot
Reserve with OpenTable
Pot Roast & Pinot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 676 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American, Diner, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were very happy with the meal...wine and service. This place does not look like much from the outside, but it is amazing inside. Great food, wonderful presentation...I could go on...but you really need to go try it.

There are newer reviews for Pot Roast & Pinot

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Me and a few of my colleagues decided to try PR&P on our lunch hour. All of us could not stop Mmmming... The wait staff was very informative. And took care of our every need. The presentation, the food was more then I was expecting in taste and quantity. Have told several at work. And will keep sharing with others. Already have plans on returning with some friends next week for lunch. I want to try the brunch as well. Kudos to PR&P. Nice job. Keep it up.
The customer serves rocks!
PS. Try the Chard....AMAZING

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Don't let the outside fool you. Inside is a sophisticated gem of a spot. We went of a busy Friday and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The "less hungry" plates were wonderful. The deviled eggs with lobster and pork belly are a must. We loved them and so did the folks sitting next to us. That's how good they are you have to tell your neighbor. The Toast and Butter, really bone marrow, was also delicious, especially the fig and quince served with it. We also enjoyed the beet salad. The bitter greens are a nice balance to the sweet beets. Excellent and varied wine menu too. The service was impeccable! Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable without being to fussy. It is exciting to have a restaurant like this in Pensacola.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I don't like pot roast, but when the pot roast ordered at the neighboring table arrived, I had to grin - there is pot roast, and there is pot roast, and her pot roast SMELLED delicious. The entire experience was full of surprises, and rich robust flavors, some subtle, some exotic, some surprisingly flavorsome, considering the pedestrian reputation of such staples as pot roast, meat loaf, cheese sandwich and French dip sandwich.

We had their beet salad, which was beautiful to look at, thick juicy slices of beet and . . . another beet? squash? on a gleaming bed of arugula with a vinaigrette dressing and what looked like Black Crim tomatoes, something smokey, maybe something heirloom. I didn't ask, I just dove right in, never looked back, the salad was delicious.

The big bowl of thick gumbo was less soupy than most local gumbos, and the first spoonful was an explosion of flavors - a smokey andouille sausage and great big shrimp. Every bite was heaven, but there was so much gumbo I had to pack some home to enjoy later. I love their soup containers; no spillage on the way home, not a drop of that fabulous gumbo went to waste.

Well, another reason I packed it home was so I could talk my husband into sharing a dessert, Creme Brulee, which was packed with blueberries. There was just enough for two, not too much, and it was just burned enough, crispy, no burn taste.

We will definitely go again. The tastes and combinations are just so addictive. I love the glazing on the windows so you don't watch the traffic on Cervantes, but the downside is that the entire restaurant is very urban, very open with hard surfaces, and I really tried but I couldn't see any comfortable seats, they all looked hard and uncomfortable. Oh well, the tastes will bring us back for more: I love the idea of a grilled brie sandwich :-) with fig jam, so many beckoning possibilities!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Frankly, I've been put off by the name of the restaurant since it opened. So, imagine my surprise when I had the best tomatoe soup I've ever tasted and an excellent lunch of grilled vegetables. Oh, and the creme brûlée was superb. The chef, from Sierre Leon, is a star. The presentation is fresh and, oh my, everything was so tasty. The service was a little 'relaxed', meaning a little too slow for my preference. Just as a matter of personal preference, I don't care for the decor, black and grey are not my favorite colors. All that said, our lunch experience was superb. The food is some of the best I've had.