“An average BBQ place. Nothing fancy”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #98 of 685 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Description: Sonny's BBQ offers a variety of barbeque meats, including St. Louis Cut Ribs and Sonny's Signature Baby Backs, Pulled Beef Brisket, Pulled and Sliced Pork, Sliced Turkey, and Chicken, all smoked slowly over a hardwood fire. Today, with 126 restaurants in nine southeastern states, Sonny's BBQ is one of the largest, most popular barbeque chains in the country. Our secret? We cook it up slow and serve it up fast and friendly.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I tried the pulled BBQ pork plate and it was just plain. I could tell from the taste that it was not the select part of the pork; meat was very thin smoked with no flavor. The toast was under cooked and the slaw had too much liquid. The fries were great! The restaurant was clean and the quiet atmosphere was pleasant. The host and the server were ok. For the $11 bucks that I paid for my meal, I would have been happier going to a buffet place.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The ribs I got were very hard to pull apart and the meat on the bones, though tasty, had a little too much "tug" for my liking, but wasn't horribly tough either. The chicken was moist and not dried out. Both were seasoned well. The sides were pretty good and the salad bar was adequate if you want that. The corn bread is better than the garlic toast. The iced tea comes in a huge glass. Ask for the wet wipes when you are done.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

I get the ribs with the spicy hot sauce. The sauce is so good I'll buy a bottle to take home and use on ribs I buy from other barbecue joints. Sign up for their text specials – you'll get one as soon as you enter the restaurant to use on your current check. Look for the text info on the wall as you walk in the foyer.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I love this place ... stopped there about 2:00 in the pm on a tue and the place was about half full ... we ordered pig s'wiches and fries ... excellent ... next time i'm goin for the ribs ... the service was really good and the food , outa site ... I like beer and there is only a few brands to choose from, so I had the sweet tea which was outstanding ...

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I'm a sucker for BBQ joints and have sampled many across the country. Most are OK, a few mom and pop places stand out, and some large commercial joints are just plain bad. Sonny's, is pretty decent for a chain joint and the ribs were cooked to perfection. Dry rubbed, hickory smoked, and served with a variety of sauces, they were very good and not too greasy. My only complaint was that they were not served with bread, pickles, or onions. Too bad or I would have given this place a 5 star rating. Still, the ribs by any BBQ standard were good enough that I would certainly return.