“Rudest staff I have ever encountered.”
Review of Passage to India - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Passage to India
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The food is decent, although expensive. Definitely not the best Indian food I have had. The service was AWFUL. I have never been treated that way by a server/manager before. Avoid this place.

1  Thank kb32514

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We visited this restaurant during a Monday evening. The wait staff was efficient, extremely polite, and professional. The atmosphere had a genuine Indian feel, but we would have enjoyed music in the background rather than dead silence, outside of listening to the conversation of others. For appetizers, we ordered the Vegetable Pakora and it was delicious. For dinner, we ordered the Chicken Bhuna and Palak Paneer. Both dishes were very tasty with plentiful portions. However, the rice that accompanied both dishes appeared to be clumpy and tasted slightly stale. The Puri bread was freshly baked and absolutely AMAZING! We split a dessert of Kheer and were a bit disappointed because the menu described Kheer as a "rice pudding" and what we received basically tasted and had the texture of milk sweetened with raisins, nuts, and spices. Overall, our dinner experience was very enjoyable and we'd like to return for another meal.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We had a really good family dinner last night. Started with veg. samosas (excellent) and pappadam (the usual). Tried a bit of everything: lamb, butter chicken, plus Palak Paneer (spinach/goat cheese) and dal (lentils). All fresh and hot. The girls loved the Mango Lassi. They do ask if you want it American spiced so if you like it hot let them know. Too much food so the rest will be for lunch! The only question was just one Indian beer available (Kingfisher).

Service was great and timely but it was early evening and only a few diners (which was fine as we could watch the cricket match). Its not on the cheap side but the serving sizes were large so no problems. I don't do buffets but I might now give this one a try as it passed our dinner test. While competitor Taste of India had a better atmosphere, Passage to India was a very, very good meal and everyone was happy when we left. I've eaten many an Indian dinner and was pleased to find one in Pensacola. This was a great change and I do recommend if you like Indian food.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

My better half has long maintained that Passage beats the local field, but I've not been convinced - until last night. Their Lamb Palak (medium spice) was the best Indian dish I've ever had - and that includes a heck of a lot of meals and venues, including in India.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I decided to try this place after having Taste of India (which I enjoyed). The service we received was very nice. The food was replenished in a timely manner at the buffet. All items that I tasted where good and tasted like Indian food I have gotten in other major cities. Overall, I would recommend this place.