“Fusion World was a disappointment...”
Review of Al Fresco

Al Fresco
Ranked #136 of 698 Restaurants in Pensacola
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The cashier was friendly and offered a sample of the sauce for their special, but after waiting about 20 minutes for chicken pad Thai with a potsticker and spicy crying tiger chicken, I finally got my order to find out that they were out of potstickers so he gave me a spring roll instead. No big deal until my husband and I got home with our food and the pad Thai was so dry that most of the noodles were just plain white and stuck together. The few bites I had with a little bit of sauce held some promise; might have been worthwhile if the sauce had not been so lacking. My husband thought the crying tiger chicken special was decent, but the portion was small and did not come with a side order.

We might try some of the other food truck vendors at Al Fresco on another visit, but we will not waste our time or money on Fusion World ever again.

1  Thank Sheila C

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Four, soon to be five, food trucks on Palafox and Main with a good variety of eats. Had the DeLuna beef taco at ZTaco. Good, but beef was dry. Side of guacamole was delicious. Comes with a few chips at a very reasonable price. Companion had a Tuscan Melt at Gouda Stuff. It was enormousn and reasonably priced at only $5. Great place for a quick lunch especially if you have a group of people who can't decide on what kind of food they'd like!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We had seen the quaint Airstream campers on an earlier trip to Pensacola and thought it was a cool idea. The vendors advertised upscale fast food, so we stopped for a quick bite from Gunshot BBQ. Forty minutes later and no food, we asked for our money back and left vowing to never return. They were so disorganized and completely unable to handle the orders within an acceptable time. When we asked how much longer we had to wait, they discovered they had lost our ticket and had not even noticed despite our standing at the window waiting to be served. Our money was returned but no offer was made to compensate us for our lost time or inconvenience. There are too many other places along the coast with good food AND good service. Why waste time at Al Fresco?

2  Thank Margaret W
Reviewed March 8, 2014

SHOTGUN BBQ:

We both had the brisket sandwich on Texas toast.
Me with hot and spicy sauce and the wife with sweet sauce.
Bother were great. Texas toast done perfect.

We shared a large fry. They were also pretty good.

I recommend this place for a quick bite if you are downtown.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I tried the Gouda sandwich that had Italian sausage on it. I believe they call it the monsta sandwich. It was tasty, but I wouldn't call it a Monsta. If it were twice as big it could earn the title, but it was not huge. sandwich price $7.00. Not a great value. The fries only cost $2.00 but the portion was Monsta size. The fries looked greasy, but tasted good for greasy looking fries.

I would rate the food and value a 3.
For atmosphere, fun and uniqueness I would give it a 5. I have rated it a 4 overall because the food quantity and quality was below what I expected.

I would like to go back and try the bbq airstream and the tacos.

With a little more effort this airstream food court could hit it out of the park, but until then I feel like a rating of 4 is generous.