“A bit too trendy for comfort”

Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Las Cruces, NM
“A bit too trendy for comfort”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed here for a night due to the convenience of being able to walk across to the airport to catch an early-morning flight. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. However, the hotel as a whole was far too modern for our taste. I prefer a comfy, homey feeling in a hotel, whereas this seemed designed more for show. Not really my taste, so I wouldn't stay here again, but others may like it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2015
Dear Wendy L,

Happy 2015! We hope your New Year is off to a great start and want to thank you personally for your previous feedback. Pleasant and safe travels to you and yours!

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed May 19, 2014

"Bare bones and where is it" is the general theme of our one night stay. I made the decision because Trip Advisor gave the hotel a 4 star rating. I have been in 4 and 5 star hotels and this hotel is NOT one of them. Review - First, the phone did not work, second there is no television guide for the channels, no telephone directory, but they do have a 3 computers in the lobby, and do have wireless internet, we found the telephone department dial guide piece of paper behind the coffee basket the next morning. The breakfast was marginal, somewhere between a continental breakfast and limited breakfast so that the options for food were few. Pillows started soft but then went to concrete and all pillows were the same type so no choice there unless you bring your own pillows. The room refrigerator had a vibration problem that sounded like an alarm when the compressor turned on during the night. We recommend that you turn the refrigerator off to get some sleep. There was only one roll of TP so use it wisely. The staff was responsive when asked and a great attitude. The room was clean with a Scandinavian style appointment. This hotel is definitely a three star hotel and at that rating they are a value.

Room Tip: The fold out bed is small so for kids it's probably ok
Green Features: The only note was hanging on the towel rack stating that if you wanted clean towels you have to have the hanger on your door. This will save energy.
1 Thank Leonard W
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Leonard W,

I am very sorry to hear that your room was not set up properly with the channel guide and telephone directory. I was also very glad we spoke after your stay so that we could use your stay as a training opportunity for our staff. I appreciate you taking the time to help us improve upon the hotel, it was great talking to you and thanks again for the review!

WI
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Clean, fresh hotel a convenient walk-across-the-parking lot from the airport. Front desk staff is professional, warm and welcoming. Our room was spotless & fully stocked upon our arrival, but service fizzled out from there. Housekeeping failed to replace soap, shampoo, toilet paper, kleenex, hand towels, or facecloths two nights of our stay, then didn't bother to service the room at all our last day. Once these housekeeping training issues are resolved I would consider this hotel worthy of an EXCELLENT rating.

4 Thank LoveWI
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear LoveWI,

Thank you so much for bringing your experience to my attention. I will further look into this and will work towards making sure your next stay is an even better one. Thank you for your generous rating, we look forward to hosting your next visit! Happy Summer!

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I could not have been happier with a hotel for my recent business trip. The staff was exceptional and the restaurant and bar was perfect after a long day of work. The room was clean and the tv had more than enough chanels to keep me entertained on my relaxing day off. Best hotel I've stayed at in Pensacola.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Josh,

I'm happy that you were able to take advantage of our hotel's amenities. I find them to be especially beneficial for solo travelers and business travelers as they provide quite considerable convenience. We look forward to being your Pensacola Home-Away-From-Home! Safe Travels!

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My Whusband and I decided to take a last minute trip to Pensacola (We live an hour away) for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We checked into the room late in the evening, Kim and the rest of the staff were quite pleasant and wonderful as they welcomed us with comforting smiles. The room was perfect for what we were looking for...very quiet and peaceful. Sometimes spending quality time with your spouse and getting a good night’s rest away from your daily routine is all it takes to be relaxed. If our work wasn't so hectic we would have stayed longer to enjoy the amenities, but we both have a lot going on and could not take any more time from our routine. If you ever need that perfect place to rest your head for a few days as you travel; the Hyatt Place is the ideal location.

Our room number was 626, we really enjoyed the peacefulness. It is literally very few steps away from the Airport's main entrance and we never heard any plane noise at all.

The Sandwiches were unique and very tasty...plus the breakfast buffet was exceptional and everyone was relaxing and we spoke with several other guests at the community table and enjoyed the friendly family atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Aila P,

I'm so glad to hear that your staycation turned out to be an enjoyable one! I will be passing your kind words on to my staff as I'm sure they will appreciate it greatly! We look forward to hosting your next trip away from life's hectic-ness!

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This my third stay at the hotel. Clean and comfortable. Great beds. Good breakfast.
The staff is the standout here. Makes it memorable.
Close to a huge mall with lots of big retail stores.
The bar has nice drinks and the food is also very good.

• Stayed April 2014
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Welcome Back Bruce M!

We enjoy hosting your stays here and we thank you for your loyalty and for your helpful review! I'll be sure to pass it on to my staff! We look forward to your next TripAdvisor travel!

Until Next Time,

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Most hotels treat musicians like rabid dogs but we were made to feel very welcome. The rooms were spotlessly clean, the free breakfast was fresh with lots of options and the staff was courteous, helpful and knowledgeable.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words! I will be sure to pass them on to my staff. We look forward to hosting your next trip!