“New hotel with nicely appointed rooms”

Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Port Vincent
“New hotel with nicely appointed rooms”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a night to break up a long trip. The staff is very friendly and check in was a breeze. The hotel is less than six months old and the rooms are very well thought out. Big screen TV (for a hotel room) and comfortable seating area. The complimentary breakfast was also nice. We weren't flying but the hotel is next to the airport with a shuttle. Our room was quiet and we didn't hear any airport noise. When we arrived home we discovered that we had left a computer in the room. We called and Whitney was able to retrieve it and send it to us. We were extremely happy with the way it was handled. I would definitely stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

I'm so pleased that your stay was made easy! We aim to make each and every guest's stay that of leisure and we're happy to know that our efforts have paid off. We look forward to hosting your next visit with us!

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for four nights in March. Adjacent to the airport, so very easy to get there with late night arrival. Staff was friendly, hotel is new and very clean. Nice heated indoor lap pool. Free wireless internet access. Few dining options, but it fit the bill for a quick snack. They do offer a nice free breakfast. I wasn't bothered by any airport noise. Would stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Brewer524,

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad our soundproof building made your stay much more comfortable! Don't forget that we do have a complimentary shuttle that will take you three miles out! And there are over twenty restaurants in this vicinity that we'd love to introduce you to! See you soon!

La Junta, CO
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We've never had an issue at a Hyatt Place. This one is right next to the airport, it was new in February or March 2014. The address was not in our car's GPS, we stupidly put in something that was "close" and did some extra wandering around. We should have simply entered the airport, then you trip over the Hyatt Place on the way into the airport. Clean, friendly, convenient, good breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Red23Hair34,

We're so happy to have hosted your recent visit! Thank you for your kind words and don't fret about the GPS situation- it made for some great sightseeing, I'm sure. Can't wait to host your next visit!

East Texas
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

The Hotel is new and they are either still working out the bugs, or understaffed.
The rooms were nice with comfy beds; fridge, and a little couch.
The biggest problem was with breakfast the next Morning. They were out of several things, and very very slow replacing them. Things such as pancake syrup, oatmeal, and napkins. The selection was nice of hot and cold items, but it was a little hard to find somewhere to sit due to all the tablels that needed cleaning. All in all it is a nice place to stay (if you dont mind an airplane taking off every now and then), and we would stay again if down rhe road this way.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Two_Wilsons
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Two Wilsons,

We appreciate your candid review and willingness to help us improve! We pride ourselves on servicing our guests and we look forward to better accommodating the large flow of visitors that we have been receiving! Thank you again and we're so happy that you'll be back!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My family and I attended a wedding in Pensacola and stayed for two nights. Even though a "reduced rate" was secured at a different local hotel, I chose to stay at the Hyatt Place because of good experiences in other locations. This location did not disappoint. No one does it better than they Hyatt Place for business travel. Although this wasn't a business trip, the same conveniences and amenities made it a great trip for the family. There are varieties of food and beverages available 24/7 with both healthy and indulgent choices. The free breakfast is second to none. The atmosphere and decor are modern and tasteful. You are greeted by the staff each time you walk through the door. They have a great indoor pool and fitness facility. There is access to both PC and Mac computers for printing boarding passes and browsing the internet if you choose not to use the complimentary WiFi available in the rooms. Thanks to another tripadvisor review, I knew to request a room that faced away from the airport. I didn't hear any air traffic noise the entire stay. I drove to Pensacola and was asked by my family why I wanted to stay at an airport hotel when I wasn't flying. I told them what I will tell you here in this review: The Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport is the best hotel of its kind in the Pensacola area. I highly recommend it for your next stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jason K
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Jason K,

Your review truly put a smile on my face! At our Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport location we pride ourselves on excellence and aim to make the experience of our guests an enjoyable one! Knowing that we were able to accommodate you effectively really pushes us to work harder and better! Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to having you again!

San Mateo, California
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night after a 10 hour drive from Daytona through ice covered
roads. Needless to say it was nice to stay in a new hotel that was well staffed and very clean.
This hotel is right next to the airport and would be very convient for anyone flying in and out
of Pensacola. We did not hear any planes as the airport was closed due to ice.
We stayed in room 511 and we got the morning sun while facing the airport.
The hotel is very new so there are a few bugs that need addressing. The heater vibrates when in use and for some reason it puts out cool air once in reaches the set temperature. Desk lamp did not work.
All and all it was a pleasant stay and we would return next time in Pensacola.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rp-yp
Dear RP-YP,

Thank you for your recent stay at our Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport Location! We're always looking for ways to improve so I'm thankful for your feedback! I'm glad to know that we will be given the opportunity to host your next visit and hopefully when the time comes, there will be less ice on our Florida roads!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is basically a solid, comfortable no-frills hotel. I stayed here for 2 nights during a visit to the area. One of my big concerns when booking was that I'd have to put up with noise from the flights at Pensacola Regional Airport, but this was not the case. The complimentary self-serve breakfast was good. They recognized that I was Platinum in Hyatt's loyalty program and granted my 3pm late checkout. I have stayed at many Hyatt Places in the past, and most rooms I've occupied have kitchenettes. Also, I wish the Hyatt Place brand would start serving stronger coffee, but that's a corporate issue at a much higher level than this new property. The other major plus about this particular HP is that it's only a 3 minute walk from the airport terminal gate and rental car stations.

BOOKING TIP: Because the hotel is right at the airport, one way to save $$$, especially if you have a late flight to P'cola, is book your rental car the following morning, as the rental car companies are all so close.

Room Tip: Room 527 is a corner suite and away from the elevator, where walking traffic can be.