“Nice one night stay.”

Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
San Mateo, California
“Nice one night stay.”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night after a 10 hour drive from Daytona through ice covered
roads. Needless to say it was nice to stay in a new hotel that was well staffed and very clean.
This hotel is right next to the airport and would be very convient for anyone flying in and out
of Pensacola. We did not hear any planes as the airport was closed due to ice.
We stayed in room 511 and we got the morning sun while facing the airport.
The hotel is very new so there are a few bugs that need addressing. The heater vibrates when in use and for some reason it puts out cool air once in reaches the set temperature. Desk lamp did not work.
All and all it was a pleasant stay and we would return next time in Pensacola.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rp-yp
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear RP-YP,

Thank you for your recent stay at our Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport Location! We're always looking for ways to improve so I'm thankful for your feedback! I'm glad to know that we will be given the opportunity to host your next visit and hopefully when the time comes, there will be less ice on our Florida roads!

General Manger
Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is basically a solid, comfortable no-frills hotel. I stayed here for 2 nights during a visit to the area. One of my big concerns when booking was that I'd have to put up with noise from the flights at Pensacola Regional Airport, but this was not the case. The complimentary self-serve breakfast was good. They recognized that I was Platinum in Hyatt's loyalty program and granted my 3pm late checkout. I have stayed at many Hyatt Places in the past, and most rooms I've occupied have kitchenettes. Also, I wish the Hyatt Place brand would start serving stronger coffee, but that's a corporate issue at a much higher level than this new property. The other major plus about this particular HP is that it's only a 3 minute walk from the airport terminal gate and rental car stations.

BOOKING TIP: Because the hotel is right at the airport, one way to save $$$, especially if you have a late flight to P'cola, is book your rental car the following morning, as the rental car companies are all so close.

Room Tip: Room 527 is a corner suite and away from the elevator, where walking traffic can be.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank I M
Dear I M,

Thank you for your recent stay at our Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport Location! Your feedback is valued, as we are always looking for ways to improve at our brand new property! I'm glad that my staff was able to accommodate you during your visit and thanks so much for the booking tip as I'm sure travelers will benefit greatly from it! We can't wait to host your next stay! And the next time you're here, please ask the Gallery Hosts if our drink promotion is still running! Perhaps you'll be able to redeem a Starbucks Coffee with a double shot of Espresso!

General Manger
Athens, Ohio
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The manager and his staff were so genuine and friendly. I was really impressed with the room as well. It was a large suite style room with plenty of linens and fluffy pillows and a sectional couch for lounging. The large window had two pleasing coverage options, not curtains! The first layer was a fine mesh layer that let light in but obscured the view. The second made the room completely dark. This hotel was literally minutes to the mall, tons of shopping and dinning options. Lots of amenities, great service, I will DEFINITELY be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Paula L
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Hello Paula L! I want to thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of the Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you especially enjoyed our staff, rooms, location, and window treatments.

We would love to have you back anytime. Take care!

Kentucky
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed the night after my flight cancellation. The staff were so helpful and friendly making sure my needs were met. I couldn't believe how quiet the hotel was. I never heard an airplane or any inside or outside noises. The bed was very comfortable with lots of nice pillows. I took advantage of the guest laundry. I had an early flight out, so I couldn't do the complimentary breakfast. Only had a 3 minute walk to the airport terminal. Overall, this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Thanks for the wonderful stay after a long tiring day.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Lynn60
Hello Lynn60! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your unexpected recent stay at the Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport. We are glad that the staff was able to provide everything you needed, and that your stay was overall comfortable.

We are lucky to be so close to the Pensacola International Airport, and have no airport noise heard on property. Thank you for rating us “the best hotel” you have ever stayed in. You are welcome back anytime.

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

This is definitely on of the nicest hotels in Pensacola airport area. Great food options. Workout room. My only disappointment was the pool was locked for about three hours when we arrived with my 2 daughters. We had to wait for a while. But once they opened it the water was nice and hot. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joe1234567891
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Hello Joe1234567891,

We are very happy that you chose to stay with us here at the Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport. Thank you for your kind words about our property. We are glad you enjoyed the food, workout facility, and hot pool once it was opened. We apologize about the pool being locked at first, and we are glad your daughters got to enjoy it once available.

Thank you for your future recommendations and we hope you can come back and stay with us again soon.

Georgia
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Pleasantly surprised. 10 minutes from the beach and 15 minutes from the mall. Almost new facility. Great staff. Great sandwich bar for free breakfast. The room was relatively clean (just a few stains on light switches bad bathroom sliding glass door. Beautiful carpet and linens. This one lived up to the Hyatt name. The view is of the airport, but we did not hear a single airplane. Although we were two rooms from the elevator we never heard it either. The beds and shower heads were excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank penntrainer
Hello penntrainer,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us here at the Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport. We are so lucky to have this awesome location and we are glad that you found it convenient.

I am glad you enjoyed your room and did not hear any opposing noise from outside your room. Thank you for your compliments about our hotel’s design and functionality.

We would love to have you back as our guest anytime. See you soon.

WashingtonDC
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I traveled during xmas with my family. We go there every few years and this was the best stay I've ever had while visiting Pensacola. We stayed in a suite and never once heard any airplanes. The rooms don't transfer sound like some hotels with separate rooms so we could comfortably watch 2 tv's in separate spaces at the same time. We had our 6 year old child with us who could walk around without worrying about tripping over our things and the pull out bed was very comfortable for him. He slept without any problems each of the 3 nights that we were there. Great customer service that was consistent. Loved it, loved it and will be booking again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Travelerfor
Hello Travelerfor,

We are so happy you were able to say with us over the Christmas break. Your compliments and kind words about our hotel are well received especially coming from an experienced Pensacola bound Holiday traveler.

We are lucky to be so close to the airport and not hear planes in the building. Glad to hear you and your family enjoyed our suite with no opposing noise.

We look forward to your return!