“Be aware...”

Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Be aware...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Hotel is new, so of course it is nice. Customer service needs a remodel. We were traveling with our younge children and basically just wanted to sleep as we had been driving all day. Well to our surprise we got no sleep and no breakfast the following morning, Apparently our room was beside the conference room and people were in an out all night. Each time the door would shut we would be awaken. We called down to front desk to be moved to a different room and apparently they were sold out. We thought this sounded odd, so we called from our cell phones and asked if they had availability for the night and shocked that they did. Poor customer service. We would have liked our money back and just found another hotel for the night where we could just sleep.

After a few hours we showered and go down for breakfast around 8:30 and wouldnt you know it breakfast was bare and we were told they would not be cooking anymore breakfast. At this point we just wanted to leave and never look back. As were exhausted and hungry. Most disappointing so far was we were told we would be credited back the one night stay and it has been almost 2 weeks and have yet to receive a call from the manager nor have we seen a credit on our card. I am in the customer service business and if this happened with my employees I would not be happy about how our customers were treated. I travel alot for work and this will not be a hotel on my list.

3 Thank 51AdamG
Adam E, Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Be aware,

I am truly sorry to hear about your experience at our property and the lack of communication from on our end. I would like to reach out to you to discuss your stay so that I may try to correct it for you. Please contact me via email or my office phone. Again I am sorry for the confusion on the issues and look forward to speaking with you soon.

adam.emling@hyatt.com
850 483 5599 ext. 5501

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Enterprise, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We love this chain and their rewards program. We always look for Hyatt Place Hotels to stay in when we travel. We were surprised when we pulled up to see that it is brand new. It is a beautiful hotel. I am not sure about the new bathroom redesign. It was beautiful but I miss that the sink was not outside of the restroom. It makes it harder to get ready when there are several people in the room. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was great as usual. The maid staff did not clean up the dirty dishes from my son's cookie the night before or remove my husbands dirty coffee cup. They also did not pick up the dirty towels or replace them. Knowing this chain and that it is a new facility I am sure they will work out the kinks! We will stay here again!

Room Tip: I prefer to stay at the end of the hall away from the elevator.
1 Thank keywestbrideAtlanta
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hello keywestbrideAtlanta,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport! I am happy to hear that you are a Hyatt Gold Passport member and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I appreciate your comments about our hotel and apologize that housekeeping did not collect some items from your room. Being a new hotel we are consistently working out the kinks and striving to get better every day.

You knowledgeable customer feedback is very important us. I appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you soon on your next trip to Pensacola!

Safe travels,

Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here when we found we were going to miss our connecting flight in Houston. United put us up here for the night. Cecilia and John were the most helpful. Especially Cecilia!!! She seemed to be the one who had everything in hand, she was amiable, out going and professional. The young lady who was cooking had a problem with the food vouchers we received from the airline and was less than solicitous but Cecelia managed the situation with composure and competence. The menu selection was quite good and the food we did order was tasty. The hotel seemed a little understaffed, yet we never lacked for anything. The room was clean and spacious and the bed was super comfortable. Would stay here again if on a layover. Thank you Cecelia for making the extra effort!

1 Thank S T
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2015
Dear S T,

Happy 2015! Thank you for your review during the time of our Grand Opening! We've become a better property because of guests like you and for that we are thankful. We hope your New Year is off to a great start!

General Manger
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at this property while passing through town, and weren't overly impressed. Our biggest complaint is that it's very hard to find. Our GPS sent us somewhere on Airport Blvd (which is different than Airport Lane), and when I called the hotel, the clerk misunderstood where we were, so we got even more lost. The hotel is right next to the airport - literally. At checkout the clerk told me the hotel is working to fix this. The hotel actually faces 12th Ave and it would be better if this were their address.

The bathroom door is a glass sliding thing, so there's not much privacy, noise-wise, in the bathroom. It's a cool-looking door, but not very practical. The window treatments are modern pull down shades. I was excited because the room-darkening one is built into the side tracks of the window, and I love a dark, dark room when I sleep. It would have been great except that there is a gap at the top where, as others have mentioned, the spotlight from the front of the building shines in. Perhaps a valance at the top of the window would help block that light.

Also, there were 3 of us (husband, adult daughter and me) staying in a king suite. There was only one bar of soap, when normally at hotels there are two - one for the shower and one for the sink. I had stayed at a Hyatt Place in Nashville in May that had great amenities and was expecting 2 bars of soap and and a little tube of toothpaste too. We had packed our luggage planning on this, but my daughter was able to dig out her shower gel and we had toothpaste handy. Plus, there was only one packet of coffee for the three of us. It was late when we checked in, so we didn't call downstairs to see if they would bring another.

We slept late and got down to breakfast about 15 minutes before they closed. According to one of the clerks that I talked to, they aren't used to having such a crowd. It was a bit of a zoo, and it seemed like they weren't able to keep up with the demand. They ran out of coffee and spoons and cups for the juice. My husband and daughter shared a spoon, and we put our juice in coffee cups. The tables weren't being cleaned between customers. Again, I think they were just busier than expected.

On the plus side, the beds were comfortable and the room is new, spacious, clean and modern. The wifi is fast and reliable. All of the clerks we interacted with were very nice. The room is quiet and we didn't hear noise from the airport. It was easy to get back on I-10 the next day once we knew where the hotel was located.

2 Thank RedbirdFL
Dear RedbirdFL,

We hope your New Year is off to a phenomenal start and want to thank you for your feedback during our opening phase as we learned a lot from you!

Happy 2015!

General Manger
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The entire staff that we dealt with was simply wonderful. They all had wonderful attitudes. The rooms are clean and modern. I reported to the front desk when I checked out that the mirror in bathroom needed to be cleaned because whoever stayed in room before us wrote graphic words in the steam and when my daughter took a shower it showed up. They were so nice about it and gave us some Hyatt points. The check out staff was so professional doing that even though I was not seeking anything special. Nice free breakfast and plenty of places to find a seat. When I go thru Pensacola again I will make sure to stay here.

1 Thank lovesweekends94
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hello lovesweekends94,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport! We appreciate your feedback as it only helps us to further improve at serving you better.

I am very pleased to hear that the Gallery Host staff was quick and efficient when it came to addressing the issue of your bathroom mirror. I will pass along your comments to the Gallery host staff.

I am excited to hear that your next time in Pensacola will be spent with us! We look forward to your return and hope that it is soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed here two nights recently on a business trip and was very pleased. The staff were courteous and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. The free wifi worked great. The free breakfast was above average and served on real plates, glasses, silverware, etc., rather than throw away items. There is also a little grill open 24 hours if you want to get a sandwich or salad and don't want to go out. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Hello jpballi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport! We always love getting feedback from our guests as it only helps us to continuously improve our service.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room, our free wifi, free breakfast, and 24/7 Gallery menu.

Thank you very much for your review and I look forward to your future stay with us!

Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I've stayed at many Hyatt Place before, but this is definitely the most updated and modern I've been at so far. The decor was very modern and clean, my only compliant was that the rooms seemed smaller than normal, maybe it was just my room but I stayed in a king room and the "living area" was definitely smaller than normal. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was great. I ordered from the gallery menu for dinner and the quesadilla I ordered was actually pretty good, but a little overpriced. I would definitely stay here again, highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vlagroupie
Adam E, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Hello vlagroupie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport! We appreciate your detailed feedback as it only helps us to improve and grow.

Thank you for your nice compliments about our décor. A fun fact about this particular Hyatt Place is that it is the first one built with the new Hyatt Place design concept back in April 2013.

I will pass along your compliments to my staff. Thank you so much for staying with us and we can’t wait to have you stay with us again!