“Great Cheesesteak Sandwiches!”

Philly's Cheesesteaks & Hoagies
Ranked #48 of 672 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Description: Sandwich shop, dedicated to bringing The Taste of Philadelphia to Pensacola, Fl. That includes Cheesesteaks and Hoagies of course, and Pennsylvania Dutch Birch Beer. Dine in or take-out. Pet friendly for outdoor diners.
Milton, Florida
“Great Cheesesteak Sandwiches!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Everytime that I go, to Pensacola, I stop here, for a sub, and they're always fantastic. My only complaint is that the price is kind of steep. For a large plain sub and a 12 oz. can, of soda, I gave the clerk a $10.00 bill, and only got a few coins back, as change. You can have lunch, at lots, of all-you-can-eat, buffet restaurants, for much cheaper than that.

• Visited October 2012

Sevierville, TN
“Best cheese steaks in Pensacola area!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

These folks know how to make cheese steaks! These are the authentic deal just like in Philly!
Admittedly, it is an out of the way hole in the wall in a neighborhood strip next door to a pizza take out joint, and offers little in the way of ambiance, but it is worth driving a little out of the way for.
There are three or four tables, but most folks order to go.

• Visited February 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Best Cheesesteaks and Italian Subs - I Love this place!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I visit my father in Pensacola once a year every year and as soon as he picks me up at the airport I say, we need to stop by Philly's so I can get a cheesesteak! For a cold sandwich my favorite is the Old World Italian.......so so so Good! During my stay I go back at least 5-10 times for lunch, I just cant get enough of this place. When in Pensacola Florida, do yourself a favor and go eat!

• Visited May 2012
Houston, Texas
“Almost as good as the original”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Ok, having spent 3 year living in Philly and eating my fair share of Pat's and Geno's, I would be tough to please.

On the positive side, bread was fresh, steak and chicken parm both good, and a welcome break from the chain sub shops.

They have a cooler with a good selection of sodas, but this is a take out place. At most there are 8 small tables and the unisex restroom makes an airplane bathroom look luxurious.

Plenty of folks called ahead their order, so it took longer than I expected, maybe 10-15 minutes.

The worst crime of all, no Cheese Whiz! I was at a loss for words, but just got some surly remark from the counter help.

Keeping with the Philly theme, they had Tastykakes or dessert. Yumm!

Madeira Beach, Florida
“Best Philly cheese steaks outside of Philly area.”
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Great philly cheese steaks! My son always has to go there when he comes in town for a visit. Only down fall is the place is small, but that also makes it authentic, since the places that have the best philly cheese steaks in Philly are the small local places or the food carts in the streets of Philly.

You need to try it out if you haven't already done so.