“Attempted again....But NEVER again..”

Trigger's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 691 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I used to be a frequent diner to Triggers as i live in the area, but stopped going after hurricane Ivan as the food quality went down hill. My wife and I gave it another try last night, hoping it had improved. I want to start out saying something positive---The service was EXCELLENT however; the food was very dissapointing and over priced. Triggers was out of trigger fish (shame on who orders the fish) sort of like Budwiser out of Bud, so I had the chargrilled platter. The platter consisted of 4 shrimp, 5 scallops and a small piece of grouper. The shrimp had a funny chemical taste and the grouper tasted like it was 10 days old, however in fairness the scallops were EXCELLENT and some of the best I have ever eaten. My wife had the chargrilled grouper (two pieces of grouper) and hers tasted worse than mine, must have been 11 days old. The cost for this experience was $40.00!!!! OUCH!!!!!! That is for the entrees only, as they charge you an up-charge for chargrilling. Total cost with tax and tip was 1/2 a Franklin.
Of note, the decor has not changed in years and is in need of an update. especially the blue dirty carpet . The first thing we noticed when we walked in was a very strong musty smell....This place use to ROCK, but I am sad to say that I will NEVER go back again!.

3  Thank rb32507

Reviewed November 26, 2012

They advertise a Sunday brunch but it was only a menu that had breakfast and lunch items so I ordered breakfast and it was just a standard okay breakfast. Can't speak about the lunch menu.

2  Thank Brett C
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Mullet with eggs, and their omelets are also magnificent. Their hash browns are flattop grilled, and I love strawberry jam! Good value.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Went to this restaurant on a Friday for lunch. The grouper fingers were delicious and the price was great. Good food and I will definitely return again.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

No... Just no. We visited Triggers on vacation because it had such great reviews, however, I have no idea why. The atmosphere is like that of an old red lobster. The wait staff seems uninterested. It took ten minutes to get my husband's bottle of budweiser delivered to the table. The menu states that you can "create your own" platter, and that the two items you choose are fried unless you pay $1 extra to have then blackened/char boiled/grilled - so we tried to order the shrimp fried and the oysters char boiled. We were told the items needed to be one or the other, but not cooked differently. The waitress said she could try to key it in that way, but "they might not do it, since they're busy." Then how is this a "create your own" platter?? To too it off, the steamed vegetables resembled that of a frozen bag that you warm up in the microwave

2  Thank Lhd91011