““Best Hamburger and onion rings”” 5 of 5 bubbles

Coffee Cup Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 659 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pensacola, Florida
““Best Hamburger and onion rings””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Best Hamburger and onion rings the services were great I love coming here i also had a sweet tea the prices were great also will come again

• Visited July 2014

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“A 1945 Norman Rockwell kinda place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Without a doubt, the best breakfast in Pensacola ... sit at the bar and watch the ladies cook up your b'fast ...

I was told about this place buy an old guy (a little older than me) I sat next to at Jaco's ... he said "go early and sit at the bar" ... I asked "how early?" and he said "5:30 in the morning"... I don't go anywhere at 5:30, so I went at 7:30 on Saturday thinking I could get a good seat at the bar and have a nice quiet breakfast ... bad decision ... the place was already packed by locals ... standing room only ... but, I lucked out and got the only stool at the bar .... it's like this every day except Sunday, when it's closed

My choice was eggs over medium, bacon, hash-browns and wheat toast, coffee and water ... it was all excellent, except the toaster should have been notched up a coupla clicks ... the lady next to me, Mary Ellen, said the grits were the best anywhere, so I'll try them next time there ... the guy on the other side of me, Richard, said his biscuits and gravy were unequaled ... that, too, I will try ...

Mary Ellen said that if I got there at 5:30 like the guy at Jaco's said, I could sit at the bar, if there was room, and drink coffee until the place opened for breakfast at 6:00 ...

As far as I can tell from conversations with several life long locals, the place is just as it was in 1945 .... except that you can't park in the street anymore .... it's still a family sorta place where almost everyone knows each other ... if don't know anyone when you get there, you will before you leave ... especially if you're lucky enough to grab a seat at the bar

The Coffee Cup is closed on Sunday and most holidays and closes at 2:00 after lunch

• Visited July 2014
Pensacola, Florida
“It Wouldn't Be breaakfaast in Pensacola”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Years prior to moving from Panama City to Pensacola, business brought me to the city and to a morning ritual at the Coffee Cup. One of the best breakfast meals I've ever had, no matter what choices I made. Fresh, hot, and a bargin.

Coffee of course, comes to the table before your seat is warm The wait staff knows their customers as does the kitchen staff. Watch you breakfast come together and sit at the counter. Wait staff makes a bright day brighter. Can't say enought about home made pancakes. My eggs are always perfectly cooked to order. Best grits in town; toast served hot.

Get there early, the regular customers rearely miss a day. Friendly always and service doesn't keep you waiting.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank dhwalkrun
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“Alrite If You Don't Mind The Bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

We use to stop her for their great breakfast and their famous Nassau Grits until one day when we were seated in the back corner and my wife tried to straighten a crooked picture on the wall next to our table, And when she reached up to move it 20 or more Cockroaches that were hiding behind it scurried out and down the floor and into the kitchen area, An elderly couple setting next to us seen it and go up and walk out with us.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DroopyDrawers1
Omaha, United States
“Gotta Go Here For Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

My wife and I are big fans of eating breakfast out. I searched the internet for the best breakfast places in Pensacola. Coffee Cup came up as a place that locals went to eat. Since I like to go where the locals go we decided to give it a try. The diner is a throw back to another era. The atmosphere was a blast. The food, prices and service were outstanding. If you want a down home dining experience in Pensaclola try the Coffee Cup. You'll be glad you did.

• Visited February 2014