“Definitely old school”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Lewisville, Texas
“Definitely old school”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is definitely an "old school" place but the food is good and the service is good as well. Prices are reasonable. It can be busy at times (breakfast) but wait times were not too long. Will definitely have to try again for lunch when in town.

• Visited December 2013

Durango, CO
“Great Breakfast Joint”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We always are looking for non-chain type breakfast places and luckily we found the Coffee Cup Restaurant. It is an older restaurant but seems to be a favorite of locals. It is almost always packed. We chose to sit at the bar and were quickly greeted and our orders taken. We both ordered omelets and found them to be fluffy and wonderfully prepared, Sitting at the bar was fun and the action behind the bar fun to watch.

I most highly recommend the Coffee Cup to anyone looking for a locals place for breakfast.

Visited January 2014
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
“A real must visit place!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We visit from England every year and this place had been recommended by my father in law. First impressions were good when as we arrived, we overheard a leaving customer say it was the best breakfast he'd ever eaten. We sat in a window booth and enjoyed the surroundings for the first few minutes; this place is a piece of genuine American diner history, still with the original counter seats from its birth in the 1940's.

Our waitress was Kim who was just fantastic, helping us choose our food and explaining to me exactly how I like my eggs American style (over medium!). I have tried grits a few times and never really taken to it, Kim gave us a small taster dish and theirs I could eat! Service, food and the history of the place just blew me away. A good sized breakfast with endless coffee for my wife for under $20, highly recommended. Keep this great place alive and call in but closes at 2pm.

Visited January 2014
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“Go for history only”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Ah The Coffee Cup. A Pensacola landmark and local favorite of some of the true Pensacolians. However without it's history and if it had to open as a new resturant or in another city it would fail quickly. Bathrooms full of crodded plumbing, stained fictures and general nastyness. Not because it is old but that is has seldom been cleaned. Same filth continues out into the resturant along floors and lower walls. Even the tables themselfs could use a good scrubbing or even better, replaceing. Over medium eggs included one with runny white and the other with waxey yellow, perfect if they were averaged out. It IS fast and precooking the sausage patties so they only have to be browned a bit helps. I'm including a picture showing how to deal with a chair that no longer works, also shows some of the floor I'm talking about. In case the picture does not work you just put a garbage bag over it and connect a piece of duck tape from chair to bar. If going for the history you can get a satifactory breakfast here but you could also find many oher better choices in my opinion.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank MIKEO960
Pensacola, Florida
“Best Hamburger and onion rings”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I went and had lunch at the coffee cup and had a hamburger and it was so good I Also had some onion rings but had to add salt to them the service was great and for desert I had coconut cake and it was great also will come again

• Visited November 2013