“Leave The Family At Home.”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #79 of 676 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My mother wanted us to all get together and have Christmas dinner a few days after Christmas at Cracker Barrel so we all loaded up and headed here.

We waited an hour to get a table for 11. We let the hostess know in advance that we had a large wheelchair to handle and after finally managing to make it through the country store without breaking anything, or smashing any appendages too terribly, I realized that they put us at the very back corner of the seating area. This would have all been forgiven and I wouldn't have given it another thought if the service, food, and management had been even average.

My food personally wasn't hot nor was it appetizing I ended up letting my husband eat it, because getting enough attention to send it back was out of the question. (My husband's kinda like Mikey he'll eat anything), Overall sides for our meals, gravy, silverware, drinks, all ended up missing or wrong at one point or another including one that didn't make it to the table until we were getting up to leave. Long story short the service was terrible. Which included the server yelling at my mother (who's in a wheelchair, has cancer, and is undergoing chemo) over her order and wiping his nose with the back of his hand before storming off. I looked up to see him doing it again a few tables away. I called the manager over and asked him to ask the server to please wash his hands. $150 check and I couldn't even get an apology out of the manager.

As one of the first restaurants that you come across when entering Florida on the interstate, I can see where this location doesn't have to worry about keeping up a local following, because most of their customers are probably passing through, and won't ever return. I can say one good thing about Cracker Barrel and that's that they have some incredible buttermilk biscuits. I probably won't ever eat at this particular cracker barrel again but I could see myself ordering some biscuits to go if I happen to be passing through.

There are newer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I always eat there. When I am on the road, I always get the lunch special and I really love their vegetables.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Love the eggs in the basket and my hubby can get an egg white omelet. The coffee was always hot and refilled, very friendly waitresses!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had the meat loaf and the Mac and Cheese and the food was great went with family and had a great time will come again

Reviewed January 4, 2013

They have good service a real old fashioned feeling and fast friendly staff. The general store is very interesting and the porch out front is full of rocking chairs and a checkers game so you can set and play if you like.