“very bad reception”

Geno's Pizza & Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I tried to use a restaurant.com certificate to deduct in the meal price and it was not accepted.
They were very unfriendly when I mentioned this.
I had been warned by another reviewer that they would make it difficult and that was true.
Of course, I left the restaurant and they lost a customer.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

If I have to give it a star rating it’s not quite 1 star, but let’s round up for their sake! Went to Geno's tonight for Valentine ’s Day. We made small talk at the bar while we were waiting for our table, with who we learned was one of the owners. We told him we had a gift certificate from restaurant.com. Innocent enough so we thought. He walks into the back talks to the other lady who is his mom and the other owner of the place and she comes out and tried giving our table to another couple! I was clueless, I was walking to the table when I looked back and saw the other couple tell her that we were here first which she already knew as she had been out there with us there previously. So she took us to our table. That's when our wonderful valentine’s dinner at Geno's took a turn for the worst. Eventually our order was taken and since we had this gift certificate we had to spend $75 which was quite a feat for just the 2 of us. so we ordered some stuff to go. Our food began to come out; the salads were good, basic but good. But the cheese garlic bread was a little crispy and the dipping sauce tasted burned. I thought... ok. No big deal. Then our main dishes came out. I had the baked ziti and it was completely burned. Not just the sauce but the entire dinner. The cheese was black and crispy!! And the sauce still tasted burned!! I didn't say a word; I just sat and ate like the good little patron I was! But then our to- go order came out that we had ordered with our original order. We ordered 2 pizzas and a family size spaghetti. The pizzas were black and crispy!! Not just a little burned, but all the way burned. The dough was black, the cheese was black, I couldn't believe they even let these pizzas go out of the kitchen!! Then we tried a little bit of the spaghetti sauce. Still tasted burned. This was all in front of the waitress. she was so apologetic saying it is not normally like this and she's really sorry that there are 2 pots of sauce back there and she was going to have them remake it all with the other pot of sauce. Next thing we knew the owner lady flew out of the kitchen grabbed our plates and yelled that sauce was not burned!! In front of the entire restaurant!! Exactly what I didn't want to happen.... make a scene! ALL EYES ON US NOW!!!! She flew back into the kitchen as fast as she flew out yelling NO IT WASN’T! and slamming the dishes down in the kitchen. Not 5 minutes later she flew out of the kitchen again and asked us to leave our table and go sit and wait on the uncomfortable stools at the bar. We retreated to the bar stools even though I have previously had back surgery and can’t sit in uncomfortable conditions like that. It causes me too much pain. An hour later they sent the nice waitress back out with our food and bill. We asked to speak with the other owner, the lady’s son but he was “too busy” to come out of the kitchen. They over charged us $5.00. We tipped on the $86 bill but took out the $5 from the tip. I think that was generous of us seeing as we were served almost the entire time by a crabby owner (I have more choice words to describe her but can not say them on this sensored site)! So yeah… one star at the most. And that was just because the nice waitress was nice to us and told us she can’t deal with her mother in law either. Yes, she worked for her mother in law. Wow, I feel bad for her.

4  Thank kirsten b
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I would stay as far away from this restaurant as possible. I myself am italian, and make my own pastas, cheeses and pizzas. I understand the difference between "homemade" "authentic" italian food and the garbage i was served at this restaurant. I turned away marinara sauce for the first time in my life, because it was too nasty to stomach. The bruschetta (which is a very simple dish) was very poorly executed. My 5 year old would not eat his pizza due to the taste, another first in my family. We would have had a better experience waiting for scraps at the back door of an Olive Garden. At least then i wouldn't have received a $50 bill (with no alcoholic drinks) for 3 people. I wish there was rating less than terrible.

2  Thank Mark C
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Food was delicious and plentiful, and the server was busy but very friendly and pleasant. We had calamari, salads, pasta-based entrees, and home-made canolis. I might be returning for lunch sometime because their variety of pizzas also looks appetizing. The building is small and the parking is limited, but I would recommend this place to anyone in the area. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

There are some things I would suggest not getting there, but I can highly recommend the pizzas, lasagna, garlic bread, and salads. Portions are large and service is friendly. Lots of people who work nearby are in there for lunch - some every day.

Typically, after you receive your check and finish your meal, you walk up to the register to pay.

They have beer, wine, and Coke products along with iced tea, etc.

It's not a really large place, so it makes dining there feel a little more intimate. Easy to park in grass church lot to the south of the restaurant.

1  Thank retiredJB