“Great Breakfast in town”
Review of Oscar's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Oscar's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Oscars' is old inside and the bathrooms need to need upated, but the breakfast is great. Best bacon in town. I went twice last month and never saw any bugs, rats nor droppings. Maybe the place has cleaned up their act. And the waitresses are friendly now, not like they were 10 years ago when I stopped going. I like the breakfast and will try the lunch and seafood buffet.

Reviewed November 16, 2009

My family are huge Blue Angels fans and have been coming to Pensacola for over 25 years. Oscar's use to be one of our favorite places to eat breakfast while in town. This past weekend was the first time in about 5 years we have eaten there. Wow, what a shock, this place is really going down. The buffett was terrible, the servers were very unfriendly and acted like we were a bother to them. The building was literally falling apart. Ceiling tiles have fallen off, paneling falling off the wall, and just an overall dirty place to eat. This place should remodel and update the whole place or tear it down. What a shame.

Reviewed July 25, 2009

We used to eat at Oscars 8-10 years ago, then moved to east end of Santa Rosa Co., so it was a long drive, Today we had their breakfast buffet. There was a poor selection of food compared to the past and the emply food trays were filled very slowly, ie we had to wait 10-12 minutes before they refilled the biscuits, etc. As we were going thru the line, my 4 year old grandson loudly announced - look there are flies all over the fruit, and he was correct. The food was far below acceptable. The server was terrible - arrived at our table for the order, and when I ordered chocolate milk for a little one, I was gruffly told " You don't get no free refills on chocolate milk" . Anyhow, we did not see her again until we had been through eating 10 or so minutes. Then she comes back and ask ' You want anything else" Never once did she ask if we needed coffee refills. Even for our first cup of coffee, we had to hunt through the restaurant ourselves for cream. As we were paying, there was a bucket of bubble gum on sale by the cash resister, child asked if she could buy a piece. When she reached in she screamed because there were 2 dead flies in it. The place was extremely dirty - food on floors, tables that were covered with dirty plates and food when we went in, were still dirty when we left, etc. The entire place is very, very run down. This is a shame because they used to have such good, reasonably priced "home cooking". We will NEVER go back!!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Pensacola FL
Reviewed October 15, 2005

I live in Pensacola and am telling you the absolute truth about Oscars. It's been here longer than just about anything else and it's not the prettiest or classiest place to go...it's not in the best part of town and the waitresses are...well let's just say they sorta make you think you might be in the twilight zone....but the food...on Friday and Saturday night they do a seafood buffet for like $11 and it is fresh seafood, some of the best blackened fish I have ever had, the oysters are next best and the shrimp is good too. Sometimes the shrimp are a little small, but they are very good. If you like oysters like I do, this is the place to come!!! Seafood on a budget? You BET!! Best seafood for the dollar.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member