“My favorite dish is Cashew Chicken. It's like nothing you will find in another Chinese restaurant.”
Review of House of Chong

House of Chong
Ranked #326 of 683 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant has been in business for many years so the building is rather old but the food is delicious.

1  Thank lschafer2364

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The best Chinese food anywhere. I can't believe there are only 3 reviews. We drive from Daphne, AL to eat here! The best egg rolls and won tons on the planet and the entrees are all traditional, fresh and delicious. The waitresses are very hardworking and nice. One would never stop by this seriously dated restaurant without knowing beforehand and that's a shame as they are missing out on a real treat.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

House of Chong is a almost stereo typical Chinese take out joint. The outside of the build looks horribly dilapidated. Once you're inside it doesn't look much better and you may find yourself thinking "who in their right mind would ever eat food from a place like this," I know I did. Then you get the food and you began to think "who in their right mind would ever pass up food like this," because the stuff is narcotic addictive to eat. If you haven't gotten the picture yet "THIS IS NOT A FANCY RESTAURANT," so don't expect fancy plates, silverware, or service. The service people are nice enough and are Chinese (which is always a good sign in a Chinese restaurant). The buffet is terrible so never ever eever get that. Come in, order, enjoy your Chinese cocaine substitute, pack up the left overs (the serving sizes are fit for large carnivores, not humans), and leave fatter than you came. You can of corse also order it take out, which is what I do. If you want high end Chinese style cuisine, go to Shark Fin. If you to bust you gut with a load of some of the most addictive food ever conceived for the lowest possible price, come to House of Chong.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I love the House of Chong myself. My parents used to take my brother and I as kids. My great grandmother used to love going she has even brought some of the paintings from the old owner before she died. She love eating there. I take my children when I can and they love it,.

When you go order the cashew chicken made with white meat it costs 2.00 more but it is well worth the extra to be able to enjoy it again. Doing so has saved the restaurant for my family it started to get nasty with the dark meat but that is now how we order it every time and it's great. i hope this helps you guys out too.

2  Thank Ava P
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I signed on tonight to see if anything had improved at the House of Chong. I used to visit the House of Chong weekly with my family in the 1960's and 1970's. They had the best Cashew Chicken in the world! We stopped going as much when it was going down hill, in fact, stopped going because of the filth. I returned not long ago and left after two bugs crawled across the table. That was bad enough but the waitress' response was WORSE. She simply grabbed the menu and said we could sit at the adjacent table. No shock! No horror! No apology! I haven't been back. It looks like the "decor" and the filth is still present. I have no idea why the health department doesn't intervene. I only wish the health department scores were posted in Florida restaurants like they are in other states. One would hope they would renovate so I could enjoy the best Cashew Chicken I've ever had!!!