“The "BEST" Chinese food in Pensacola.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
pensacola, fl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The "BEST" Chinese food in Pensacola.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2008

My family has been going to House of Chong for about a year now! We learned of it from a friend of ours. My husband didn't like Chinese resturants but his friend told us that we have never had anything like this before, so we gave it a shot. My husband LOVED it. The food there is AWESOME!!! The place is little and run down, but the food is GREAT. They have a lunch buffet that is open from 11-2 and the price is awesome for it. There dinner portions are huge. You could probabaly get one a split with someone or have leftovers for the next day!!!

1 Thank achica12

San Jose, California
“Greatest cashew chicken EVER!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2006

I've been going to House of Chong since 1978. There's nothing especially authentic about it - it's pretty much Americanized Chinese food, and the location is nothing to scream about. But there is one thing that brings me back to House of Chong with a religious fervor: they make the best cashew chicken I have ever had! I haven't been able to find anything like it anyplace else: instead of the standard diced morsels of chicken, here you get meaty chunks, browned and smothered in a rich gravy with scallions and plenty of cashews. It's a heavy dish, but addictive!

Also good are the eggrolls, which are dense and flavorful, and the quintessential sweet and sour pork. But if you can only order one menu item here, go for the cashew chicken!

6 Thank pdelevett