“Old time Chinese food”

Ranked #330 of 670 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Chinese
“Old time Chinese food”
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

The setting has not been updated in a long time but the food is good. At night, luckily there is not a buffet and the service is good. The food is usual old Chinese fare: the egg rolls are good and my favorite is the cashew chicken. The servings are more than generous. Fancy, it is not but I like getting some Chinese food with good old time menu choices

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Time Hasn't Been Kind”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The orginal owner has passed this on and unfortunately, the owners have let it go. The once number one spot on my list to eat has become a never again on my list. The restuarant is very dirty, out dated and the food quality doesn't exist anymore. The one bright spot were the egg rolls which I've never found anywhere else. Unfortunaetly, their well known Cashew Chicken doesn't taste the same.

This is one place I pray will improve as it a Pensacola landmark.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Lunderwood
Pensacola, Florida
“Been eating here all my life...”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I grew up going to House of Chong with my parents and my grandparents. When we travel, we usually do not go to any oriental place because we are disappointed. We are spoiled by H of C!! The lunch buffet is great...not a big selection but each dish tastes great...not like other buffets that everything tastes the same...yuck!! And you cannot beat the price (under $7.00)!! We love the Cashew Chicken...have not ever found another place that makes it like H of C.
The waitress is great. She is on top of your needs.

Give it a try!!

• Visited August 2012
Pensacola, Florida
“Cashew Chicken! The best!”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

There are a lot of upscale, really good Chinese and Japanese restaurants in Pensacola. - House of Chong is definetly not upscale - actually, a little shabby.
That being said, I keep going back for their cashew chicken.It is the best I ever had in a restaurant! And their egg rolls are great! If you order take out, which I frequently do, prepare for a lot! They do not scrimp.
One reviewer said her waitress was a "redneck" - LOL! I have never seen any but Orientals work there and they are gracious and prompt and cordial.

• Visited April 2012
Pensacola, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Below standard. Even for Pensacola! OMG”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Very poor selection. The food was almost ok taste wise but my friend and I fell ill an hour or so after eating. MSG? The waitress was your typical rude haggard redneck that you usually find in a waffle house style restaurant. The atmosphere was low class compared to other Oriental buffets it the area. Even the tea was watered down! 30 years plus? Well, it's really showing....

• Visited December 2011