“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
Review of O'Briens Bistro

O'Briens Bistro
Ranked #63 of 686 Restaurants in Pensacola
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2009

O'Briens may not look like much from the outside, but it is incredible! The atmosphere inside is warm and elegant, but not stuffy. Staff was professional and attentive without being intrusive. The wine list was amazing! And the food...from the warm bread, crisp salad, and to-die-for filet...not to mention the heavenly chocolate cake...was the best meal I have had in a very long time. I HIGHLY recommend this incredible restaurant! I will be back again, and again, and again!

Reviewed January 21, 2009

I guess for this town it's not bad. Anywhere else in the country this food wouldn't be served in elementary school cafeterias. The presentation is horrible, the taste is mediocre at best, the only thing I actually enjoyed about this place was leaving. The service reminded me of applebees, the server was ignorant, and obviously couldn't tell the difference between a white zinfandel, and a Bordeaux. I'd rather eat at applebees at least it's not trying to be something that it obviously isn't.

4  Thank foody212
Reviewed October 9, 2008

I ate at this restaurant not too long ago and it was amazing. I was so impressed with the fact that the owner of this establishment could be seem actually preparing each delicious dish! I was in Florida visiting family, and this was by far the best restaurant I have ever eaten at. I live in Boston, and the food up here just doesn't compare. I can't wait to go back and try another delicious meal at the Bistro!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 20, 2008

One of the best in the area...a chef who runs the kitchen in his own restaraunt...great Creme Brulee, great daily menu items, great everything on the menu, and the best herb biscuits you'll ever have during the lunch hours. This is a great, romantic place to go, and across the street from Target, in the same area as a great jeweler (Elebash's) and next to Baskin Robbins.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 9, 2007

We have been a number of times. The food is not bad, however, the quality is inconsistent. O'Brien's has the best french onion soup of any restaurant in Pensacola, including the much bragged about french onion at a well known Irish pub.

2  Thank likes2eat