“Good for take out.”

Yums Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #489 of 676 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Yums is a great place to get cheap Chinese takeout. Their food is good and you can make changes to your order, like I like white rice instead of fried rice.
There is not much of a decor there. Only a few tables.
Service is quick. I have eaten there several times and will eat there again.

There are newer reviews for Yums Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I took my family to Yums on a recommendation from a cousin who said their food was good and reasonably priced. Walked in to see only 3 tables, the two larger ones taken up by employees who were eating and hanging out instead of working or CLEANING, which the place badly needs. We had to make a few comments about there being no place to sit before any of them offered us a table. When they left the table, nobody wiped it down for us. Disgusting. A couple of the employees looked unkempt as well. Their hair looked greasy and they were not dressed professionally.

The pictured menu items on the wall are older than dirt, and yellowed from time and probably grease. You can barely tell what is in the picture, and the writing beneath the pictures is hardly legible. None of it looked appetizing. I feel if the owners were proud of their food, they'd take an hour out of their life to snap a decent photo of it and print legible signage.

The kid at the counter gave us a paper menu, and there are several pages of available items, which made us wonder how fresh everything could be if they are so small, empty, and offering so many choices....I suspected canned or frozen foods involved rather than fresh...they also offer SUSHI, which was laughable given the look of the place.

We had to leave. I just couldn't do it. I felt bad walking in and then right out, but I just could not eat here.

2  Thank KaCash
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I am an frequent customer of this restaurant. I work for a hotel an have always suggested that everyone try this place . I have never experienced a problem til today. I ordered some chicken fried rice where I found a little black bug fried to a piece of rice I was about to eat. I immediately called the restaurant to inform them an the guy kept making me repeat what I had ordered. I til him over an over that it was just the rice an yet he kept asking what it was I ordered. Then tells me I can come in to get more rice. First of all I won't be wasting my gas to pick up more I something I won't eat, once I've found a bug in my food I don't do second chances so no thank you Yums. An as for ur flyers an menus at my hotel, well I won't be handing those out anymore.

1  Thank Tickledpnk27
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We have been getting our take out Chinese food from Yums for several years now. They have spoiled us on getting buffet food, even though it is cheaper, it is never as good as the freshly made product we get at Yums. My only complaint is they use just dark meat in their sesame chicken and the bag of crispy noodles with the soup always tastes stale. Otherwise, everything we have ordered there is always made quickly, quite tasty and well packaged so there are no messes by the time you get it home.

Reviewed December 22, 2008

its cheap they deliver an the food is great i used to live in pensacola, and we used to eat here once a week.