“Super great steak!!!”
Review of Angus Seafood Meats Spirits - CLOSED

Angus Seafood Meats Spirits
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Local favorite since 1968. Polished Casual Dining Atmoshpere. Seafood and steaks with intercontinental flair. Daily special and recipe creations. Fine wine list. Popular bar brands. Private dining available for large and small gatherings. Off-site Catering to any local establishment.
Orlando, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super great steak!!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I met some friends for dinner here and everything exceeded my expectations. It was a busy dinner time and the place was packed but we were seated quickly and our server came right away. I had a fillet that was to die for. Cooked just perfectly and lots a flavor. My friend had the Greek pasta and she raved about it. I was also surprised that the manager took the time to stop by our table and genuinely cared about our experience. Definitely recommending this place to lots and will be back often. Great steak, great staff, great atomosphere,

1 Thank Kate W

Pensacola, Florida
“Please please please don't waste your money like I did.”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to try a nice steakhouse instead of just going to Outback like we usually do. We scoped out the menu online beforehand and decided that Angus would be a nice place to try out. As soon as we sat down we realized that the menu was nothing like the one they had posted online. We ordered the cheese garlic bread for an appetizer, and the cheese tasted like "fake" cheese. Although it appeared to have been shredded and melted onto the bread, it tasted almost like nacho cheese from a sports stadium. I ordered the chicken alfredo, and on the menu it said it came with one side. When the server came to take my order I told her I would like the asparagus as my side, and she informed me that no side came with my alfredo, and when I showed her the menu she said that it was a typo and the asparagus was an additional $4. So obviously I chose not to get the side. My boyfriend ordered the Prime Rib, and when it finally came out, the massive amounts of fat on the steak were ice cold. The steak was absolutely bland, and the garlic mashed potatoes also had no seasoning. Even a simple sprinkle of salt and pepper could have made a huge difference. There were only a couple of people in the restaurant when we sat down and it still took over 30 minutes for our food to be served, even with a medium rare steak, So please, I beg you, do not go to this place. I would choose an Outback steak over this place any day.

• Visited January 2013
Sanibel, Florida
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Excellent parking facilities & a good looking place inside but the good stuff ended there. Poor service - mediocre food. I wouldn't go out of my way to return.

• Visited December 2012
PensacolasBest, Public Relations Manager at Angus Seafood Meats Spirits, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Good afternoon Rumba,

We really appreciate you leaving a review for Angus on TripAdvisor, and were wondering if you could provide us with more detail.

You mention that there was poor service. This hits home base for us, as we pride ourselves on top notch customer care and service. What wasn't to your standard?

What did you order, and how could it have been better?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond, and the next time you come to Angus, ask for William, the general manager. He will personally ensure that you receive top notch service and outstanding food.
florida
“Over cooked steak, re-heated pasta, cold potato”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I took my wife to Angus for her birthday. There were 5 of us and 3 of us ordered the steak fillet, all cooked medium according to the definitions on the menu. It took 55 minutes from the time we ordered until our food came (we were there for 90 minutes total) and when it did come, my stek was well-done and dry as all get-out, my wife's was rare and her sister's was cooked right. My wife's baked potato wasn't even warm and our daughter's plain buttered pasta had been left over from earlier and re-heated (yellow, dry and chewy).

The manager came to our table and asked how the food was. My wife very politely pointed out everything mentioned above and he said, "Thank you for telling me about this, I will speak to the chef." Then he left and that was that. No offer to cook my wife's steak a bit more or to replace mine. No offer to even replace our daughter's shoe leather pasta. The manager simply vanished. At $28 dollars for a steak, it's not too much to ask to have it cooked properly.

We will never eat at Angus again and it's not likely any of our friends will either.

gulfcoast florida
“It's like an old favorite”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

After being terribly disappointed by our "old" favorite steak restaurant in Pensacola, we decided to try the Angus. We were completely lpleased with both the food and the service. It was very clear that the management and staff (Nicole, our server, was very attentive) are engaged in an effort to become the best, and it showed. Highly recommend!

• Visited November 2012