“Best food I have had in a long time”

McGuire's Irish Pub & Brewery
Ranked #4 of 670 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: McGuire's Irish Pub first opened in 1977 as a small neighborhood pub in a shopping center. In 1982 McGuire's moves to its current location; Pensacola's original 1927 Old Firehouse. Inside the pub you'll find a turn-of-the-century, New York Irish Saloon themed 615-seat restaurant. We are celebrated for our atmosphere boasting more than One Million signed dollar bills hanging from the ceilings and walls of the Pub. In 1996, McGuire's Irish Pub of Destin opened on beautiful Destin Harbor with the same great food and live Irish entertainment. For the most current Menu's please visit our website.
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Best food I have had in a long time”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I don't eat out much because most restaurant food is not worth the money and is average in taste. McGuire's was such a great experience that our family went back 2 nights later. Food quality and price was excellent!! Bean soup a must!! Spinach and artichoke dip also a must! Décor and atmosphere very nice and fun. Service was excellent considering the size of the place, did not wait very long at all for food to arrive. I cannot say enough good things about McGuires and would recommend it for anyone visiting Pensacola.

• Polish first
Illinois
“Not my favorite”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I'm not quite sure why everyone raves about McGuire's. We liked it. It was not fantastic, and it was not horrible. It was just ok. I think this is a place people go to for "atmosphere" and mostly it just felt loud and crowded (maybe that's the atmosphere...)

We came on a Sunday afternoon, and it was VERY crowded. We got seated after a reasonable wait.

Our waitress was great - she was definitely the best part of our visit. She offered suggestions, answered questions, and was all-around great at her job. My husband forgot his hat in the seat when we left, and she ran after us to return it. Very good service from her.

We were highly disappointed that we were there for the brunch menu. Maybe we would have known that had we looked into it more, but we didn't. We were there for more "traditional Irish pub fare" and didn't really find much like that. We did find out that fish and chips were served, so my husband had that. It wasn't the best he had ever had, but it was ok. I ordered one of their chicken sandwiches, and while it was fine, I didn't care for it too much. The fries were good.

Though it seems like people love this place, I wouldn't go back.

Wichita Falls, Texas
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The cash on the ceiling and walls were cool. Food and service was good. My family enjoyed. Very glad we went there.

Visited August 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Loved it, highly recommended”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Great atmosphere with great food. Ordered the burger and they are huge. This is a sister restaurant to Flounders Chowder House in Pcola Beach so they have similar food and drink prices.

Atmosphere is fun; dollar bills all over the walls and ceilings. Goofy mirrors in the bathrooms. Would definitely recommend this place if your in the area.

1 Thank Logan M
Atlanta, Georgia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We went for lunch at McGuire's for my son-in-law's birthday. The restaurant was still packed, even at 2 pm, but we were seated quickly. We were told that they were known for their hamburgers and steaks. I wanted to order seafood since we were in Florida but decided to go with a hamburger since that was their specialty. I found the hamburger to be completely lacking in taste and had to cover it in condiments to get any flavor. The wedge-style fries were few in number. My son-in-law ordered an appetizer sampler to share, and it was pretty good. My granddaughter got the popcorn shrimp kids' meal, and it was so salty, she couldn't eat it. I don't plan to go back here again.