“Wonderful experience”

McGuire's Irish Pub & Brewery
Ranked #4 of 679 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: McGuire's Irish Pub first opened in 1977 as a small neighborhood pub in a shopping center. In 1982 McGuire's moves to its current location; Pensacola's original 1927 Old Firehouse. Inside the pub you'll find a turn-of-the-century, New York Irish Saloon themed 615-seat restaurant. We are celebrated for our atmosphere boasting more than One Million signed dollar bills hanging from the ceilings and walls of the Pub. In 1996, McGuire's Irish Pub of Destin opened on beautiful Destin Harbor with the same great food and live Irish entertainment. For the most current Menu's please visit our website.
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We came all the way to pensacola from italy and we came at mc guire's to escape from the rain. Reading all the rewiews I expected a good place but the real thing went far beyond my expectations. The food was great (the irish bleu cheese chips are to die for) and the staff was lovely. Too bad I fell for the trick of the restrooms but I guess I'm not the only one who fell for it. One of the greatest dining experiences of my life. Thank you all

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've been going to McGuire's since 1981 when it seated less than 40 people to the expansive complex they have today. The reason to come here is the food - you will not go away hungry but 90% of the people have a take away container. The best 18cents you will spend is the Senate Bean Soup combined with massive corned beef/pastrami sandwich, a Rubén or maybe a signature meal. Either way you will have a great meal. If you go during the prime eating time you will have to wait but if you can alter your schedule you will be fine. Tip: high top in the bar area serves food and its 1st come;1st served. The cost of your meal will start at $9 and climb from there. Customer Service is a key to the organization which others lack. Then there is the bar options - home brewed beers, Irish Wake and other libations that might be calling your name. The primary reason we go is the FOOD..

1  Thank WilliamDowns
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Service, food, and drinks could not have been better. Nine of were seated within 10 minutes and treated like VIPs! While not cheap, prices were more than reasonable.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is a great place. One of the first things you notice, when you walk in, is the dollar bills hanging from the ceiling. How many dollar bills? The ceiling is insured for a million dollars as there are over 1,300,000 dollar bills stapled to the walls and ceiling. Some are signed by celebrities like Elliot Gould and John McCain.
We were lucky enough to be seated in the wine cellar room. The walls are of granite quarried from Stone Mountain, Georgia. There are two twelve foot stained glass windows from an abbey in Quebec. The wine cellar has over 8,000 bottles on display behind glass, including one Chateau Mouton Rothschild, artists collection, for every year from 1945 to the current vintage! There are interesting and humorous sayings carved into the granite. In another part of the restaurant is the beer brewery.
But, of course, you’re there for the food. It’s plentiful and yummy. We had the snack platter, which is an appetizer, split it between two of us, and still had to take much of it home. We also had the bean soup. The bean soup is sort of their specialty. If you order any item, you can have the bean soup for 18 cents. If you order it by itself, it’s 18 dollars.
For desert, we split an order of bread pudding. Everything was wonderful. And we were surprised by the bill. McGuire’s is quite affordable. Be sure to wander around the restaurant a bit before or after your meal. It’s quite interesting.

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I came here for lunch and thought it was excellent! Very cool atmosphere, although the dim light was a little annoying. The dollar bills all over were so cool! (My only concern is the cleanliness, as you can exactly clean around the dollar bills.)

The food was great! The burgers and sandwiches were huge! I had a "Nathan's Special" which had corned beef and pastrami, with chips and potato salad on the side. The sandwich was amazing, and I had enough food to take home for next day's lunch. The chips were home made, but not greasy! Oh, and the bread they serve you during your wait is amazing!!!

Beware if the bathroom signs, they're very tricky! (We thought it was funny!) And the toilets were antique, which I thought was hilarious! I'm weird because I really care about a restaurant's bathrooms, and the bathroom here was awesome!

My only complaint was that our waitress wasn't the greatest. She was very nice, but a little blunt. (When my friends didn't want boxes for their leftovers, she seemed offended!)

Overall, great place! I wish I had tried the 18 cent soup, I completely forgot! But looking back, I had so much food that soup would have been overload!