“Good times and good food”

McGuire's Irish Pub & Brewery
Ranked #4 of 695 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: McGuire's Irish Pub first opened in 1977 as a small neighborhood pub in a shopping center. In 1982 McGuire's moves to its current location; Pensacola's original 1927 Old Firehouse. Inside the pub you'll find a turn-of-the-century, New York Irish Saloon themed 615-seat restaurant. We are celebrated for our atmosphere boasting more than One Million signed dollar bills hanging from the ceilings and walls of the Pub. In 1996, McGuire's Irish Pub of Destin opened on beautiful Destin Harbor with the same great food and live Irish entertainment. For the most current Menu's please visit our website.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Menu is very diverse. I really enjoy the Reuben egg rolls. My husband got the Shepard's pie and I ordered the corned beef and cabbage. They were both delicious and there was so much. We both had to take most of it home. We got a flight of the beers which were decent. We mostly liked the Irish red beer because it was close to what we usually drink. Another time we ate there was just as good. The burgers are enormous so unless you haven't eaten in days you may want to share with someone or be prepared to take it to the house. The ONE thing I do not care for are the dollar bills on the ceiling. I know it is a tradition and that's great but if you look closely most the dollars, especially the ones close to air vents are EXTREMELY dusty, like thick, black dust. I can't imagine this being good for the health score and really not good for your respiratory system. Other than that I would recommend Mcguire's to anyone.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,140)

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've been here a few times now and have really enjoyed it immensely each time me and my family stop in. If you haven't ever tried Mc Guires I would say now is better than later . its a little bit of Ireland on the beach and the beer aint half bad.

1  Thank 44tracyc
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Dined here Friday night at the request of my out of town guest. Husband and I had avoided the restaurant...had heard it was a "tourist trap." The restaurant was indeed filled with tourists AND locals because the food was excellent! We were seated right away and our order was quickly taken. We both had the wedge salad, prime ribeye steak with onion rings and mashed potatoes. Potions were so huge, we enjoyed leftovers for lunch the next day. The steak was excellent - tender, perfectly seared and seasoned. Service was courteous and professional. The noise level was very loud. Our only complaint is that our entrees arrived so quickly, we were unable to enjoy our salads. Looking forward to returning.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Everywhere we went, people said, "You have to eat at McGuire's!" Except for the novelty of dollar bills hanging from the walls and ceiling, McGuire's was just an average restaurant. The food was nothing special, and the service left something to be desired. Even the famous bean soup for $.18 was just watery navy bean soup. With all the other restaurants in the area, I would not return there.

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

There is a reason this place is ranked 2...you will not be disappointed! The whole place is amazing with all the dollar bills. The signature beer the waitress recommended was very good. Food was outstanding. Visit the bathrooms see if you can find the right one??? Thanks for a great dining experience!