“Best restaurant in town”

McGuire's Irish Pub & Brewery
Ranked #4 of 670 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: McGuire's Irish Pub first opened in 1977 as a small neighborhood pub in a shopping center. In 1982 McGuire's moves to its current location; Pensacola's original 1927 Old Firehouse. Inside the pub you'll find a turn-of-the-century, New York Irish Saloon themed 615-seat restaurant. We are celebrated for our atmosphere boasting more than One Million signed dollar bills hanging from the ceilings and walls of the Pub. In 1996, McGuire's Irish Pub of Destin opened on beautiful Destin Harbor with the same great food and live Irish entertainment. For the most current Menu's please visit our website.
Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa, Japan
“Best restaurant in town”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Huge portions for small price. You can get a massive hamburger for ten dollars. I don't know why this isn't number one. The atmosphere is great, noise level great. Staff is friendly and excellent service.

• Polish first
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Shepherd's Pie Food Poisoning”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stopped in for lunch, as we had several times before. My wife had a burger which was fine, while I ordered the Shepherd's Pie. Since we had lived in Ireland and this was one of the traditional items offered by the restaurant and we had eaten in Ireland, it seemed like a good bet. As I ate it I thought it tasted it little "off," somewhat bitter. But I thought it was perhaps my beer that was changing the taste of the food. Well, I was wrong! Within 6 hours of returning home to FWB I was violently ill. Needless to say, I didn't eat or drink anything else that day (and my breakfast that morning had been my usual toast and juice). When I called to talk to the manager on duty the next day, he blew me off, even though I said at the outset I was not interested in store credit or a free meal. I simply said, "Someone needs to go into that kitchen and find out what's wrong--your food is dangerous." He implied that I was making up my story and our brief conversation ended with me saying that the owners would probably like to know about his attitude and I would never go nor encourage anyone I know to go and eat there! What an experience! So much for McGuire's personnel training and hospitality reputation.

• Visited December 2013
7 Thank robin h
Dundee, Michigan
“Fun Time”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

McGuire's Pub is the real deal...great Irish food. I had the Shepherd's Pie, it was wonderful. Also had a root beer and bread pudding...both delish. It has great Irish atmosphere, and friendly staff. The bathroom trick is pretty funny too. We got there early, so there wasn't a wait.

• Visited January 2014
Reedville, Virginia
“Great food and beer”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This unique brew pub should not be missed. A million dollar bills, or more, adorn the interior. Hanging in clumps from the ceiling or stapled to the walls. But, the atmosphere is second to the home brew and food. On our recent visit, I had the rib steak which comes on a sizzling platter and was seasoned to perfection. Delicious. It comes with a salad, their 18cent navy bean soup, garlic mashed potatoes, onion rings and grilled tomato. Barb had the portobello mushroom, grilled onion burger which comes with fries and is really big enough to split for two people. There is a great happy hour and we had 1/2 price centennial beers. The only downside is that there is so much food, you never get to the dessert menu. The coolist Irish bar ever.

Visited January 2014
Pensacola, Florida
“Must visit!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Absolutely love McGuires! Make sure to kiss the moose when you visit. The Reuben Eggrolls are to die for! If you're in the mood for a steak, this is the place to go. The only downsides are that it can get very crowded and can also get very warm. I've left the place sweating more than once.

Visited December 2013