“Nice place, good food”

McGuire's Irish Pub & Brewery
Ranked #4 of 677 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: McGuire's Irish Pub first opened in 1977 as a small neighborhood pub in a shopping center. In 1982 McGuire's moves to its current location; Pensacola's original 1927 Old Firehouse. Inside the pub you'll find a turn-of-the-century, New York Irish Saloon themed 615-seat restaurant. We are celebrated for our atmosphere boasting more than One Million signed dollar bills hanging from the ceilings and walls of the Pub. In 1996, McGuire's Irish Pub of Destin opened on beautiful Destin Harbor with the same great food and live Irish entertainment. For the most current Menu's please visit our website.
Reviewed December 9, 2013

According to the reviews, I had to stop by here and I am glad I did. The service was a little slow at first, I think the hostess did not inform the server about my arrival so I sat for a few minutes before getting noticed. I ordered the famous senate soup, which I could eat by the gallon, really good. For my appetizer I ordered the patsy which I found bland and really dense, the accompanying sauces were o.k, but I expected more. For my main course I ordered the Irish lamb stew, which was awesome! Huge portion of lamb, potatoes, turnips, onions and a puff pastry served with a nice gravy. The trend is to place a dollar on the ceiling so I had to abide tradition and did so. Can't wait to come back and try some of the other menu items.

There are newer reviews for McGuire's Irish Pub & Brewery

Reviewed November 30, 2013

What a night, I always like this restaurant but after tonight we will not return! The party of 4 showed up at 6:00 pm for dinner, we were seated at a table that was large enough for 2 . We moved to a larger table, and were happy. After a while we ordered a 1975 bottle Brunello to celebrate my mom's birthday but they had problems with the cork. The server did the correct thing by asking her manager "David" to help open and decant the wine. "David" talked on and on about nothing, noting his expertise in wine and even mentioning that they had an employee who was from Romania - since I mentioned my wife is from Romania - but this employee spoke Russian??? They couldn't decant the wine, they had to ask a manager to bring a decanter from home (hello, we are talking about a restaurant that boasts about it's wine list?). Anyway, our meals were served and getting cold by this point, and we're still waiting for the wine at $200.00 a bottle... we ask for another bottle to replace the problem bottle....the elusive decanter shows up ... we finally decant the wine and try to enjoy our COLD entrees.... the waitress offers the final bill, we pay, noting that they comped the wine. We felt good that they made good on the wine since we waited for that wine for about a half an hour... but wait, as we are walking out the server catches us & explains that we signed for the wrong check - oops - we need to sign for the correct check that shows nothing is comped. So tacky....this place thinks nothing of it's lack of knowledge of wine, nor of it's lack of taking care of it's customers. We've been going here for six years, but if you want a good steak with a good wine - go somewhere else.

1  Thank Mrconn2002
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My wife and I live in Mobile, Alabama but being retired military travel to Pensacola often to utilize facilities on the Pensacola Naval Air Station. McGuire's is one of our favorite restaurants and we eat there often. The first thing you will notice when entering are the dollar bills hanging from the ceiling. It is traditional to sign a one-dollar bill and give it to your waitress to hang from the ceiling. There are currently over one million dollars in one-dollar bills hanging from the ceiling.

McGuire's is always busy but the food is worth the wait. You will find everything from sandwiches to steak, and plenty of Irish fare such as Irish Stew, Shepherd's Pie, Corn Beef, etc. McGuire's also features a very popular bar and they do brew their own line of beers. With a large, well trained serving staff you will be well taken care of, and the portions are huge! I'll guarantee you a Ruben Sandwich will fill you up for the entire day! And, don't forget to order the Senate Bean Soup - it's 18-cents a cup with your order and makes a tasty appetizer.

Irish music is played constantly throughout the restaurant and LIVE Irish music is played in the bar area at night. The live performance is the type where you are expected to sing along with the crowd, and if found NOT singing, you must "kiss the moose" which is a moose head mounted on the wall. It's really a great deal of fun!

I've never ordered anything off the McGuire's menu that didn't impress me, both in quantity and quality. It's a great place to visit whether it's for a good lunch, a romantic evening or a few drinks at the bar. I highly recommend McGuire's as one of the absolute best restaurants in the Pensacola area. Give it a try - you won't regret it!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Anyone visiting P/Cola, and especially anyone who likes burgers should visit McGuire's. The lamb stew was good, but not great, although the appetizer's, especially the bean soup are first-rate. The only thing we've had there that isn't up to scratch is the side salad, which is generous in size but mediocre in taste.
As mentioned the burgers are great. The service has always been first rate and because it's so popular with the locals, it gets very busy very early and can be fairly noisy. That's not a complaint, it's just the way it is.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. We ate at the bar and received quick and friendly service. I recommend the filet and the cream spinach. Oh don't forget to put your dollar on the ceiling :)