“Good food”

McGuire's Irish Pub & Brewery
Ranked #4 of 686 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: McGuire's Irish Pub first opened in 1977 as a small neighborhood pub in a shopping center. In 1982 McGuire's moves to its current location; Pensacola's original 1927 Old Firehouse. Inside the pub you'll find a turn-of-the-century, New York Irish Saloon themed 615-seat restaurant. We are celebrated for our atmosphere boasting more than One Million signed dollar bills hanging from the ceilings and walls of the Pub. In 1996, McGuire's Irish Pub of Destin opened on beautiful Destin Harbor with the same great food and live Irish entertainment. For the most current Menu's please visit our website.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Loved the home brewed rootbeer. The hamburgers were terrific as well.And, service was quick but get there early they do get crowded quickly.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,057)

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We arrived in town tonight and its been raining and we wanted soup. We decided to go to McGuires and at 5 on a July 3 our wait was less than 10 minutes for two adults and 2 kids. They believe in healthy portions here. Our waitress was the sweetest and loved her! She even surprised my daughter with a special treat for her birthday, not because we asked her to (we didn't mention it) but just through conversation we had with her. They have a white bean soup for 18 cents IF you order something with it. It's good and you can't beat the price. The fish and chips were great, the French onion soup was perfect and the burger my husband got was delicious. They have burgers with peanut butter or hot fudge and one called the garbage burger, someone ordered it, it's huge and looks disgusting but the guy ate it (it has hot fudge and ice cream in it...among other things. Overall perfect night at the bar and we look forward to coming back :)

1  Thank Megan C
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have been to Mcguire several times with my family and they have never disappointed me with their service, food or entertainment. Every time I have invited a family member to McGuire they were always very pleased, The prime rib is the best, the root beer home made, the music entertainment outstanding. I recommend this place to anyone who wants to enjoy a great time and great food at a restaurant. Of course for me the best time was the evening and week end. It is worth waiting in line when its crowded.

1  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I reviewed McGuire's as 5 stars a year ago. Since then, though, my last two visits with friends I have been less impressed.

Last time we were there for an early dinner and were tucked way back in a corner where our waiter seemingly forgot about us. The lighting was so dim we couldn't read the menus and we were all freezing in the ramped up air conditioning (probably their attempt to get ahead of the evening rush.)

This time we went in a group of 8 for lunch and were relegated to a room way in the back with other large groups. The resulting noise was so loud I couldn't carry on a normal conversation with the person next to me, let alone the rest of our party. I was so excited to take them there and ended up embarrassed by the experience. The food was still good, but the service abhorrent.

I need to find a new place to take out-of-town guests. McGuires has failed me twice now.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We purchased a beach home in Navarre and have been desperately looking for good places to eat. We need to stop. The best is,was, and always will be McGuires.

1  Thank mnorris68