“Hwy 98 Location. We won't be back.”

Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #284 of 676 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: we serve japanese tradition food. sushi. and Hibachi .
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Only so-so, and a bit pricey. The miso soup tasted like a salty, powdered mix, and the squid salad was overly salty as well. Our entres came at different times - the first three together, and then the remaining two about 5 minutes later. My husband and three daughters each had two sushi rolls, and they weren't too bad. I had the scallop, shrimp udon, which was ok - it tasted kind of like seafood fettucini (creamy). Our bill for the meals and drinks was $132.00, so I really couldn't believe it when they charged us .75 for some spicy mayo for our to-go order. We won't be back.

3  Thank evpoll99
There are newer reviews for Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Inexpensive Japanese style hibachi grill food. The cooks do all the tricks the big city Japanese restaurant cooks do. Very limited menu and forget the bar.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

We ate at the W US 98 location. Friendly staff & good service. The Hibachi chef was a solid 8.5/10. My 3 yr old loved it. Food was quite good to. We chose 'expensive' meals & I also got a sushi plate. The sushi was fresh & tasty. The steak, lobster, scallops & chicken were all excellent. We'd definitely go again. Family of 5 was $155 including 20% tip.

Reviewed February 15, 2011

We visit Tokyo at least once a month and we are never disappointed in the food, service and overall experience at the restaurant. The portions they give you are huge and for the price and quality to me it is the best hibachi place in Pensacola.

All the chefs are great and put on a great show each time we go. The shows are not always the same which makes it nice to go and see something different instead of the same old hibachi show every visit.

I like the steak and shrimp combo for myself and the steak is always cooked exactly how I ask it to be cooked.

The owners have been there every time we have gone and always go out of their way to welcome us back and look forward to seeing us again.

Again I believe this is the best hibachi restaurant in Pensacola.

4  Thank target32
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We are locals. We only live about 7 miles from the restaurant. We go about 1-2 times per week. My wife and I are very picky on our food and this place does not skimp on portions. Although we do not eat sushi, we heard it is the best. We take all our friends and visiting relatives here. We love it. We highly recommend it.