“So-So Pie”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Pensacola, Florida
“So-So Pie”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had their large pie with half sausage and half pepperoni. A little pricey for a pie but you have to understand it's downtown and they have overhead. The crust was so-so. I'd say a cross between New York style and Chicago style, leaning toward NY (thin). Not a lot of flavor in the crust.
The sauce was very good, but was used very sparingly. About the only real plus was the cheese, a lot and excellent quality cheese. There was very little pepperoni on the pie and a decent amount of sausage, but not close to what I would call an overwhelming amount.
Service was also just so-so. It took a while to initially get waited on and it wasn't that busy there. I was asked if I wanted another beer and didn't have to flag the waitress down. However, after she asked she went and did something in the kitchen, then cleared off two tables, put that stuff away and then went to get my beer from the bar. And no, no one was waiting to be seated at the tables she cleared/cleaned. I just thought it would have been better to take care of the customers order before you go about your other duties: customer service. Also, the pie was delivered before we got plates or plastic ware.
I'd rank this pie about the same as Hopjacks, just so-so and way behind Paisano's (1) and Bella Luna (2) because of their crust and toppings.
I don't think I'll have pizza there again, but overall it was an acceptable outing. Enjoy.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank GnoPcola

Freeport, Maine
“Excellent, thin crust pizza that is full of flavor”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Was here with my daughter on a weekday evening for dinner. The pizza crust was thin, but not like cardboard at all. Light, but crispy on the bottom. Toppings were flavorful and delicious! One of my favorite pizza places in Pensacola! Inexpensive and delicious!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Soup722
Keystone Heights, Florida
“Best Pizza in Town”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Not only is this place hidden away , but when you find it , it's like wow how cool is this !Super cool bar and Pizza joint ! Big screen T.V's like you wouldn't believe !! And did I mention the food is great !! Best Pizza I've ever had .

• Visited January 2013
Pensacola, FL
“Not just a night club”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is right on downtown Palafox Street and just opened not too long ago. A couple of us went in during the day just to check it out for lunch special items. Upon walking up the stairs it opens up into I HUGE night club. The bar is full service and food is prepared and brought right to you. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is great! I had a hamburger with a blue cheese type filling (which I thought I would never order but totally fell in love with it. Haven't been back for the night club action but I've heard it's a fun atmospere. I'd recommend it to anyone!!!

Visited August 2012