“Always good”

Pho Golden Palace
Ranked #88 of 683 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The food at Golden Palace has been consistently good each time I've visited. On my last visit, I noticed the service had improved as well. The menu looks so good it could take years to try it all, but I always add an order or shrimp spring rolls with peanut dipping sauce to whatever I order. Yum!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This used to be on of our favourite spots in Pensacola, especially for Pho. We recently visited again for a lunch and dinner and both times were equally disappointed in the food and service.

I had the Beef Pho and I'm not sure what mystery meat they were trying to pass off as beef, but I assure you it is not the quality (or beef) they used to use in their pho. The broth had a glaze on top of it that looked like a grease slick in water and the noodles were clumped together in a ball that took some time to break apart.

And I said, the meat was not good at all and I just ended up taking it out and having broth for lunch.

My wife had a chicken dish and the chicken tasted so rubbery she finally just sent it back and waited until we left to go eat elsewhere to eat again. Our eggrolls were WAY over done and when we wanted new ones, our waitress looked at us as we had three heads and it was a chore to send something back.

This was after she ran our first waitress (who appeared new) off and wanted our table for herself. She greeted us with a friendly "What drink?" Nothing more .... Then, when she finally did bring the drinks, when they were empty that was it. No refills, no offer for refills, nothing.

I am a HUGE believer in a tip the service not the total bill and we left her nothing. She then had the nerve to come after us out the door into the parking lot to ask us if there was something wrong because we didn't leave a tip. We told her it was due to her lack of service and we did not feel it warranted a tip for no service.

She shot us a look of not so happy and muttered something (not in English) to us and went about her day.

We used to love coming here and loved the food. Now, the last two times we have visited the food has not been good at all and the service (well lack there of) is down right awful. We will not be going back any time soon I can tell you that.

2  Thank target32
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I eat here atleast once a week. The food is excellent. They make the best Mango smoothies I have ever had. Recommended highly!

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We came here based on the good reviews on Trip Advisor. Neither of us have ever had Vietnamese before, and so were a little nervous about it. Well, we found it to be delicious. The broth in my spicy beef was very tasty and not too hot, and my husband really liked the cilantro in his meal. We split a combination pudding for dessert. What a treat! If we can find a Vietnamese place as good as this at home, we will certainly go.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Yummy...the soups, the food platters, the service...etc...we stop here every time we drive to Pensacola!!