“Absolute Best Coffee, Espresso, Bakery, Salads, Sandwiches !!!”

The Drowsy Poet Coffee Company
Ranked #3 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Pensacola
Reviewed August 22, 2014

From morning coffee and a pastry to an after work sandwich and salad, Drowsy is the absolute best (seriously)! The coffee, expresso, and chinos are exceptional, the atmosphere is inviting and comfortable, and the people (staff and customers) are genuine. As a local, I'm able to have my morning coffee and frequent Drowsy often for fresh brewed and beans. When they're not gobbled up, the Apple Fritters are phenomenal and highly recommended (they are a fruit right?). Drowsy also has two roasters and a huge selection of fresh beans (Ethiopian and organic Bali are two of my favorites). Poet chicken salad, croissant sandwiches, cakes, and pastries are all top shelf! I was there this morning for coffee and espresso, after work for a salad, and writing this makes me want to go back this evening (yes... it is that good). When you're on I-10 (both directions... doesn't matter) take I-110 South to Brent Lane and you'll be there in 4 minutes. Hot drinks, cold drinks, great food, assorted goodies, and a "magical" atmosphere (visit enough and you'll realize Drowsy is much more than a coffee shop). "Park your car" and say hello to Bill, Heather, Heidi, Aja, Caleb, Emily, Jose, Ana, Amy, Daniel, and Ray or use the drive thru window (they'll still say hello). When you're traveling and need a break from the road, fast food joints, and diners, visit Drowsy Poet. It will be the best 4 minute diversion you've ever made (I'm not kidding). It is SO GOOD, you may even want to cancel your vacation and call a Pensacola realtor (ok... now I'm kidding but don't forget to visit again on your return).

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stopped at one of the Drowsy Poet drive-through locations in Pensacola. I had a frappuccino, which was fantastic, and a cookie that was pretty good. The service was fantastic - the man working was helpful and very kind. It seems to be a very popular place, and I can definitely see why.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My cousin had these beans at her house and after drinking this coffee all week on vacation I HAD to visit this place. It's sandwiched between Pensacola Christian Academy and Pensacola Christian College. The smell of fresh roasted coffee beans when entering the coffee shop is heavenly. The employees were friendly and knowledgeable about the coffee. I had a cappuccino and a delicious turkey and swiss croissant sandwich. The atmosphere is relaxing and soothing. I bought two packs of coffee beans to take back with me. This is a must stop in Pensacola.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Nice food, great coffee, relaxing atmosphere, plenty of parking. Papers and comfy seats. Friendly service. Realistic pricing. Sunshine

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Pensacola's best secret! Best fresh coffee on the Gulf Coast! Excellent staff and owner who go out of their way to make your experience great & delicious! Love them!