“Great place for Fried overpriced seafood”

Perdido Key Oyster Bar Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 686 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2010

The fried shrimp and oysters are excellent but they are overpriced. A fried dinner that should cost $13-$14 cost $18-$20. They do not know how to do grilled fish. We have tried many of their dishes, and they are all missing something. We would reccomend Cosmo's in Orange Beach for a great dinner.

2  Thank hmseminole

Reviewed January 26, 2010

Visited twice,first time,told after we had ordered a bottle of french champgne,that they were out of fresh oysters,thiswas 8pm,but we could have cooked oyster,ie pre prepared ones.Service slow,it was obvious that they were understaffed.Food over priced,average quality.
Second time,turned up at 6-30pm,asked for a reservation told no reservations,but we told 8pm would be okay.returned told we would to wait,yet tables were free,obviously under staffed.Did not wait but went elsewhere.

3  Thank Elgin2
Reviewed November 8, 2009

My husband, daughter, and I went here during a trip to Perdido Key September, 2009. I ordered the red shrimp appetizer as my meal because the prices were so high. My husband ordered half a dozen oysters in a Cajun sauce. My daughter ordered a seafood pasta with a tomato cream sauce. My shrimp still had sand in them. Evidently, someone in the kitchen had omitted the rinsing and cleaning step. My husband's oysters were tough and poorly cooked. My daughter's pasta dish was tepid and the sauce tasted like "burned tomato soup". For those dishes plus a beer, a water, and a Dr. Pepper....our bill was around $65. Needless to say, when we go back in December, we will NOT be going back to the Oyster Bar.

2  Thank buxombrunette
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We decided to have "date night" and eat at Perdido Key Oyster Bar. We were excited about the little get away, and was so disappointed when we tasted the food....it was the worst food ever. It had absolutely no seasoning and no taste. The prices were high; especially considering the food was almost not edible. The bread was the only thing with any taste. The atmosphere was nice, but the tables were too open to have a private conversation.

2  Thank shan529
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I thought this would be "the place" to go for some great seafood in a great atmosphere. The atmosphere was wonderful and so was the service but I was not (and neither were 3 other people that I was with) impressed with the food. The only person who was satisfied had the bisque and the royal reds and oysters.

1  Thank daisygirl987