“Worst, Overpriced Food Ever”

Perdido Key Oyster Bar Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 679 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We decided to have "date night" and eat at Perdido Key Oyster Bar. We were excited about the little get away, and was so disappointed when we tasted the food....it was the worst food ever. It had absolutely no seasoning and no taste. The prices were high; especially considering the food was almost not edible. The bread was the only thing with any taste. The atmosphere was nice, but the tables were too open to have a private conversation.

2  Thank shan529

Reviewed August 18, 2009

I thought this would be "the place" to go for some great seafood in a great atmosphere. The atmosphere was wonderful and so was the service but I was not (and neither were 3 other people that I was with) impressed with the food. The only person who was satisfied had the bisque and the royal reds and oysters.

1  Thank daisygirl987
Reviewed August 1, 2009

We vacation in Perdido Key annually and one of the highlights each year is our family dinner at The Oyster Bar. I like the fact we have the option of dining inside in a more formal atmosphere or eat outside if we just came off the beach. You can't beat the waterfront view.

This year we were vacationing with our son's girlfriend's family and of course, we chose to take them here. Everyone loved their meal and the service was great. The highlights were:

Jerk Chicken - I make an authentic jerk chicken and theirs is pretty close for a commercial restaurant. The seasoning has kick but isn't obnoxious, they let the spice bring out flavor, not just burning.

Fillet - Yeah, I know, hard to mess up a fillet but I've seen it done.

Coconut Shrimp - Another Florida staple but well executed.

Seafood Pasta - My wife made the mistake of giving our niece a taste and ended up having to share!

Mahi Mahi - Our youngest ate every bite of this half pound of grilled dolphin (no, not Flipped) and LOVED it.

We'll definitely be back next year!

Reviewed July 2, 2009

We really enjoyed our food the kitchen does amazing job & the value was amazing. Would highly reccomend the Seafood Platter...yummm. We sat outside and it was very nice overlooking the water.
Would have gotten excellent if it wasn't for the service that was lacking with our server on our particular night. A little common sense goes a long way to be a great server and none was found here. Constantly having to ask for re-fills, had main dishes but had to wait on side items. Plates still on table when dessert arrived, and top top it off had to wait 1/2 hour while they figured out about whether they would accept a travelers check, when it said plainly and boldy on the bill fold that "We gladly accept American Express and Travelers checks". I will say maybe the server isn't to blame but poor management in training and knowing what they accept and don't.
Overall would go back for the food!!

Reviewed February 15, 2009

This restaurant is the best and it was the topper of my long weekend stay in Perdido Key. Everything from appetiser to the best of all the "Homemade Key Lime Pie", The atmosphere and ambience was spectacular and well as the view. The service and the waitress was top of the game, couldn't have asked for a nicer place you guys really rock!!! I even bought a whole Key Lime Pie and brought it back home with tender care to Houma Louisiana...Keep up the great service and the food was awesome, huge flounder!!! Take care,, a happy cajun student from UNO in Hotel, Rest and Tourism program. I'm writing a small piece about you restaurant and dining experience for my marketing class!!! So you have my vote...My visit was 2/07/09 I invite anyone to try this awesome place it is worth every bite!!Ginger B. Houma, Louisiana