“Great place!”

Perdido Key Oyster Bar Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 664 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Great place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We went here for lunch and it was excellent. Great food at great prices overlooking the inter-coastal waterway. Anthony waited on us and was very cordial. It was very nice in every way. I'll definitely be back!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Steve F

Annapolis, MD
“Best. Oysters. Ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stopped by here for dinner. Like everywhere else in FL, they had fresh oysters. We ordered a dozen to start, and they were huge -- biggest oysters I've ever seen. They were sweet and tender, too. For dinner, I had shrimp and grits -- again, best ever! My husband enjoyed shrimp and scallops -- nice, big pieces and cooked perfectly. The service was friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed it so much, we went back on our last night in town. The oysters that night were smaller, but tremendously sweet and just melted in your mouth. I again had shrimp and grits, and it was still the best! We will definitely be back on our next trip to Pensacola. Don't miss it!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank joansch
Springfield, Illinois, United States
“oysters were great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

a little price heavy but good all around try and hit happy hour for drinks 3 till 7 in afternoon i think

Visited March 2014
1 Thank David M
Mountain View
“Great food, good prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stopped for drinks and appetizers and were treated with excellent food (especially the blackened oysters!) and wonderful services. It is a nice restaurant and we will go back for dinner.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank wanderwoman52
Atlanta, Georgia
“Still good, but slipping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Oyster Bar has always been a favorite and one of my top three or four restaurants at the beach. So, it was disappointing that my visit this year didn’t live up to my recollection of previous visits. I thought they’d slipped a little, but my sister gave them a red star, signifying one of the best and a must repeat.

I gravitated to my favorite dish, the broiled seafood platter. I thought some of my food spent too much time under the broiler (crab cake) and portion size on the shrimp (three grilled) and scallops (tiny bay scallops) didn’t reflect my memory of a generous plate. My fish was the best cooked item on the plate.

Seafood bisque was creamy and every bite was chock full of shrimp. And bread pudding had a perfect texture with a sniff of whiskey in the sauce. Wonderful.

The big issue was disjointed service. We waited so long for our bisque and salads we feared it would all arrive with our entrees, but it finally got delivered by itself. When our entrees came, the waitress promised to come right back with the missing tartar and cocktail sauce. We waited and waited and finally flagged her down after eating half our meal. And by the way, what about my mom’s two missing side dishes? At least she kept our drinks filled. To be fair, we didn’t know if the problem was our waitress or the kitchen or a little of both. But after hearing other complaints, I think the blame rested with poor waitressing skills.

It helped that we came in February, a slow month when they try to drum up business with a 25% customer appreciation discount off the entire bill. It was a nice touch.

Oyster Bar has lost a little luster but for now is still one of my favorites at the beach. They need to right the ship, though, when it comes to service.

• Visited February 2014