“Not appreciated during customer appreciation month”

Perdido Key Oyster Bar Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 691 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The location and ambiance is great. To bad the food does not match it. When a person goes to the beach they expect fresh fish. The fish appeared to be commercially fried. Maybe we will give them another chance next year.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We have dined here three times in the last two weeks. Good food at fair prices makes for great value. This restaurant has a nice ambiance with beautiful water views. We would recommend this place to everyone.

2  Thank EdT1991
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Blackened oysters appetizer was excellent. Main course consisted of Tailwalk tacos with spicey shrimp and a PoBoy with shrimp. Tacos were excellent. PoBoy was very good.

1  Thank David M
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We ate here the day after Christmas so it was not very crowded. The service was good and the food was good as well. I did not rate the restaurant any higher because while the raw oysters were relatively large and delicious, the calamari was over cooked. My lunch consisted of fried oysters and fried shrimp, a baked potato, and their vegetable of the day-green beans with bacon. The other guests in my party ate similar types of dishes and they all thought the food was good. What I liked best about the Oyster Bar was the view of the water from the restaurant. We all would eat there again.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I live about 5 miles or so from Oyster Bar, so needless to say go often. I usually absolutely adore eating there. I went today and ordered 6 raw oysters for appetizer-the oysters were so small it was unreal...I got six and was charged $6.99 for those and it literally took 2 to put on a cracker to even get a decent taste of them. I then ordered the shrimp and oyster platter, and needless to say the oysters were super tiny, and I got 3 fried shrimp. The coating on the shrimp was to salty. I called the manager over and told her to much salt and showed her how tiny oysters were. I asked her if she would pay $12.99 for this platter, she said no and that we were not the 1st to complain. I told her I wasn't eating the shrimp or oysters, and that I would just eat the baked potato and asked her to take off for the shrimp on oysters. She did deduct for the shrimp and oysters, leaving me to pay $6.50 for the baked potato. Thought that probably wasn't right and that I was overcharged for the potato, but whatever. I for one won't be going back for awhile, unless I hear from some locals that they have improved. Very disappointed people, as I know you can do better.