“Just ok”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The boat ride to this place was the best part of the night. Service was slow, prices were high for quality of food, and service was only average at best. We did not have a table with a view so can't speak on that.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Way overpriced for frozen store bought seafood and salads that come from a bag. It's such a shame because the location is great but I would not return.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The title says it all. Wonderful views but the food is always lacking. We've given up taking visitors here for dinner as it's always a huge disappointment and we're left feeling quite embarrassed. Shame because it's one of the few nicer places in SW Pensacola, but the food ruins it all. Very poor overall in taste whether it's seafood, beef, chicken or pasta - we've tried them all and it's all been dismal.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Oyster Bar was once a really neat place to dine. It was once the hot lunch and dinner spot on Perdido Key. People really enjoyed hanging out, the food was great and the atmosphere was someplace you look going back to.
Today, as was the case 10 years ago, the Oyster Bar has dropped to such lows that its hardly worth going to.
The owner has deffinately changed his/her ideal of a good local restaurant. It has become a classless, value lacking, boaring piece of wasted space.
The management doesn't have a clue as to what good dinning is all about, what good customer service is about. Otherwise, the servers would be better trained and the entire staff would know how to serve with class. Instead the servers are encouraged to NOT give clean utensils after appetizer and salads. Our used, dirty salad forks were tossed back onto the table after eating out salads. When I suggested "shouldn't we get clean forks for our main course", our server said "no, Im not sure how other restaurants do it but they don't do that here".
I knew we were making a mistake when I saw the wine list. I should have left and taken my wife and family to another place to celebrate our 30th anniversary. The best, and only, Pinot Noir they had was Robert Mondavi Private Select, an $8.99 bottle at any grocery store; they charged $27.00 a bottle, 7.00 per glass.
I was do embarrassed by their policy of "no clean/new entre fork", I had to get up and speak to the manager, which I did in private. Of course she appologized, but that was pretty much it. The server offered us complimentary desert, which was a nice gesture, but We were so taken by what we experienced, that NO ONE wanted anything more. I, as a good gesture, accepted a piece of key lime pie to go. Later I find a piece of 'out of the box' frozen pie that tasted like something from a wholesale delivery truck, wasn't worth eating.
I vote NO for the Oyster Bar! With all the better restaurants to choose from, the Oystar Bar in Perdido Key, FL, is NOT worth the time and money!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Every seafood dinner and appetizer that we tried over a couple of days here, was fantastic. Every item was fresh and served exactly as the menu described. This is a restaurant worth visiting, just for the views alone. Outside seating & large bar area was a nice during sunset, especially. Service was friendly and was a fun environment with nice people all around us. I will definitely go back and would recommend anyone in the area to visit this restaurant, if they have a chance.

1  Thank 588KateS