“Hong Kong”

Hong Kong Restaurant
Ranked #422 of 686 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 26, 2012

When I lived on NAS as a kid, this was a frequent dining spot for our family. I became less impressed as I grew older, but it'll always have a place in my memory. It's your standard Chinese buffet fare, comforting but standard.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

very good dumplings and service. the staff was very nice and spoke good chinese. the fried rice was good also.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Either I hit this place on a horribly off day or their take out is horribly different from their dine-in food. I thought it was the most disgusting take out I've ever purchased. We were starved and in the middle of a huge home improvement project and weren't looking for anything special -- just some standard Chinese take out: Moo Goo Gai Pan and Almond Chicken, something most run of the mill Chinese restaurants can do in their sleep.

What we got was so strange, bland and tasteless that we weren't sure which dish was which. What I THINK was the Moo Goo Gai Pan consisted of a package of batter fried chicken and another container of a liquid that tasted like water, salt and corn starch. No vegetables, no sauce, no flavor. The other whatever-it-was was equally unidentifiable.

If we hadn't been so exhausted I would have returned both dishes and demanded my money back, something I've never done before. But then I've never been so insulted by a restaurant.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Hong Kong was one of my favorite spots to eat at when I was in Pensacola. The staff was always so friendly and the food always hot and fresh.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

This restaurant is one of the best buffet that i have ever been too. For a very cheap price ( less than $20 bucks for two people) you get some of the best dishes. The staff is very friendly and constantly refill the buffet line and your drinks. The atmosphere is very relaxing and soothing, it is not too bright nor is it too dark. Because of so many varieties, i ate until my stomach almost popped! Definitely will go back if ever in Pensacola again!