“BEST SEAFOOD....EVER !!!”

Ranked #65 of 686 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: We're grillen', steamin', and fryin' in 18 locations!
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Food and service was great. They won the BEST SEAFOOD RESTAURANT in 2012 and the quality shows. We went to The Shrimp Basket on Perdido Key. Across the road is the Gulf of Mexico. Beautiful place and wonderful memories. Try It...You might like it!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were impressed with the quality of the fresh food offered here and the friendliness of the staff. Everyday, a special 'all you can eat' dish is featured. I had the popcorn shrimp which were touted as being lightly breaded and larger than you'll find anywhere else. Both comments were true and the shrimp was very fresh and delicious.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

After a long day of driving, we stayed at a hotel up the street from the Shrimp Basket. We decided to give it a try after a recommendation by one of the front desk clerks at the hotel.

Giving my comments based on prior reviews:

Service was fine and friendly, but we did arrive before 6 pm for dinner. By the time we left, there wasn't a table left in the place.

Our server, while trying, didn't quite seem to understand that a margarita "on the rocks without salt" did not mean it was blended as a frozen concoction with salt all over the plastic cup. I won't go into the second try; but let it suffice to say someone failed miserably in cleaning their mix dispenser and there was "something" in the drink that was just . . . gross. Third time was the charm -- my husband walked up to the bar with offending drink #2 and got me a glass of white wine.

Not sure about the comment of "no place for kids." This is definitely a place for families on vacation WITH kids who don't want to dress up for dinner. It is a very casual place but does have a full bar.

Our food was fair. Not great, but not "bad" either. The fried oysters on hubby's salad were sweet and cooked correctly. However, as it was an "entree" salad, the oysters were the ONLY thing on the lettuce along with a little shredded cheese. No rolls, hush puppies or crackers were served with the salad. My blackened shrimp platter with red potatoes and shrimp slaw (yes, you read that right -- cole slaw with bay shrimp in it!) was not bad either -- it just isn't anything that would bring us back to the restaurant.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This joint ain't too bad.
Is it my "go to" place for seafood in a town that has hundreds of seafood joints? No.
But... is it a place to visit every now and then for a pretty good meal? Yes.
They have some pretty good speacials so check out their website.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The food here is just gross. There are no other words to describe it. The fried oysters were fried in some sort of cornmeal batter that didn't taste good and the crab cakes made my throat burn. I know I'm not allergic to crabs because I'm from Louisiana and I eat boiled crabs all the time when they're in season. I will definitely never be back.