“Fresh Seafood and Good Value”
Review of Nick's Boathouse

Nick's Boathouse
Ranked #27 of 695 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Nick's Boathouse! Located in downtown Pensacola set peacefully on the bay, we offer an innovative and comforting menu featuring a wide variety of fresh seafood, steaks and flatbreads. We serve lunch and dinner in a relaxed and casual atmosphere on our outdoor patio, with an excellent waterfront view. On Friday and Saturday nights we present live local music on our outdoor stage for your enjoyment. Our eclectic fare and delicious drinks are sure to please, so if you're seeking a delightful waterfront meal be sure to visit us at Nicks Boathouse!
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Took the family to lunch at Nick's during one of our recent visits to Pensacola and I was very impressed with the food. I had grilled Mahi Mahi and it was the best I've had in the past year - perfectly seasoned and excellent taste. Family members also had the fried Flounder meal and fried crab claw appetizer which they said were great. Our waiter was very friendly and informed us about local events. Service was excellent as well...our food arrived hot and ahead of expected time. We sat on the back porch with a view of the bay and the new baseball stadium. I will go back during my next visit to Pensacola and definitely recommend to friends and family.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have eaten here 3 times and each time it has been the same, EXCELLENT! I always sit outback and enjoy the beautiful view of Pensacola Bay. The service is always great! The food always comes out quick and is delicious!!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I had never heard anyone mention eating at Nick's at all, while my husband had heard mixed reviews, but we were downtown and decided to give it a shot. Never again. We went in just around noon on a Saturday, and they weren't terribly busy, probably due to the seafood festival at Seville Square not far away. We got a nice table on the deck out back with a nice breeze and nice view. It took about 15-20 minutes for anyone to take our drink order, and that was only after we flagged down the guy who seated us. About the same time, I noticed another couple seated directly in front of me a few tables away who were already there when we got there and who were also trying to get someone to take their drink order, prompting the manager to go over and handle it. It was still a bit of a wait to get our drinks, but we were chatting and weren't overly concerned about this initial wait, expecting that once a server was assigned to us, things would improve. Wrong answer. A young lady took our order and went back to the kitchen. It was literally another 45 minutes before she came back to the table to tell us that they were out of our appetizer, the smoked tuna dip, and to ask if we wanted a different appetizer. We should have already had our MEALS by then, and she asked if we wanted a different appetizer instead of just bringing our entrees. I never get up and walk out of a restaurant, but this was one time that I made an exception and followed my husband out. We spoke to the manager on the way out the door, and he apologized but offered no explanation. They seemed to have enough servers (just not aware of what tables they were to cover?), and if there was a shortage of cooks in the kitchen, we would have been fine being told in advance that there might be an additional wait. But we got horrible service and no explanation from the minute we walked in the door. I can't even comment on the food, because we didn't get any, although their sweet tea was sickeningly sweet, and we had to ask for a glass of unsweet to tone it down. Even if the food at Nick's IS good, which I wouldn't know, there are plenty of other seafood restaurants in town that offer much better service. We ended up going to another local restaurant right down the road (initials JP's), and although it's much more "rustic," our food there was good and the service excellent. Don't waste your time and money at Nick's Boathouse.

1  Thank elarbol
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We visited Nick's on Friday, Oct 4th and it was an excellent experience. I ordered Joe Patti's fried fish with fries and cold slaw. Others had coconut shrimp and crab. The service was excellent and food was delivered on a timely basis. Charlie, the manager, walked over to check on our table. Good customer service. This restaurant is much better than Sam's Seafood and about the same as Captain Joe Patti's Restaurant. The inside of the restaurant is really cool with pictures and fans and would give the interior higher marks than Sam's, Joe Patti's and other nearby restaurants. The location is downtown on Main St. next to the Blue Wahoo's baseball park on the bay. If visiting from out of town, go watch the team play and walk over to Nick's Boathouse.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Visited here with a few folks from work and with our customer. The positives: the view was really nice and overlooks the bay in Pensacola. With the sunset, it was very nice on the patio. The negatives: bathroom dirty with no paper towels to dry your hands or an air dryer. The service was average at best. The food arrived and I was not impressed. The seafood was obviously previously frozen as I could taste it in the shrimp. Fish was food service quality with spice put on it to cover it up. Needless to say, I won't be visiting again. I can get takeout from somewhere else and go sit by the bay and eat.