“Nice view ... but that's it.”
Review of Nick's Boathouse

Nick's Boathouse
Ranked #20 of 670 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Nick's Boathouse! Located in downtown Pensacola set peacefully on the bay, we offer an innovative and comforting menu featuring a wide variety of fresh seafood, steaks and flatbreads. We serve lunch and dinner in a relaxed and casual atmosphere on our outdoor patio, with an excellent waterfront view. On Friday and Saturday nights we present live local music on our outdoor stage for your enjoyment. Our eclectic fare and delicious drinks are sure to please, so if you're seeking a delightful waterfront meal be sure to visit us at Nicks Boathouse!
Meridian, Mississippi
“Nice view ... but that's it.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

While in town to visit family, we decided to give this place a try. It was a mistake. The service was not only slow but the server had 0 personality. It took 15 minutes to get our drinks and there were only 2 other parties in the whole place. (It was 3 in the afternoon.) It took 25 minutes to get our food.

The food: The crab/lobster bisque had so much wine in it, it was VERY overpowering and a total disappointment. The shrimp and grits was the worst I have ever eaten. The grits in this dish should be smooth and creamy. These were lumpy and hard on the bottom. My son had a shrimp po-boy and it was made with tiny fried salad shrimp. Never in my life have I seen a shrimp po-boy made with salad shrimp. They were tiny, dry, hard and tasteless. My husband had a grilled chicken sandwich and the chicken tasted like vinegar.

The back page of the menu lists those items as coming with rice and a vegetable but this is not true. The server said only a couple of the items listed there come with rice and a vegetable. Well, then why not remove the items from that page that DON'T come with it?????

We had to ask for napkins, salt, pepper, sugar, crackers AND drink re-fills.

This is not an inexpensive restaurant. One expects (and should expect) more for their money. We will not return and would never recommend this place to others.

• Visited September 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada
“great view sitting outside”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

wife's grilled shrimp was very good. My prime rib special had a lot of fat (prime rib can sometimes do that).
Onion soup was good. They brought some horrid tomato vinerete for the salad, I'm glad I tasted it before putting it on salad!
Blue cheese replacement was a bit thin, but much better. Margueritea was good.
waiter was accommodating, moving us inside, then outside, then moving us again as it started to rain on us.
very best part of meal was the 20% discount given to all military.
I'd go back.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank bob w
Pensacola, Florida
“Nice outdoor patio to see the water and food is good. Nice for dinner with friends”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We have been here several times and it is a great place for a mid-priced meal and to enjoy eating outside watching the birds and view of the bay. They offer specials that are reasonable and most of the food was all seasoned and presented nicely. My husband got the steak special and it was a lot of food. (salad, soup, and entree with fries and bread) The steak was nothing special but he enjoyed the meal and left full. I like their salads as a meal. They have live music often in the early evenings and the service is attentive without being pushy.
this is a nice place to eat and then walk over to see a Wahoo game or free concert.

• Visited May 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Gorgeous view, fun band, mediocre service,food and drinks”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We went here last weekend for dinner and drinks. We had a large group and had a reservation, so when we arrived we were immediately greeted and escorted out to the patio/deck area. It took nearly 30 minutes for the waitress to provide the correct menus, bring waters and then take/deliver our alcoholic drink orders. I ordered the special key lime mojito, which arrived with the ice half melted and one small sprig of mint. It was extremely sweet and tasted far from any other mojitos I've ever had.

The menu has a variety of fresh and fried seafood dishes - nothing popped out as being that inventive so I went for the shrimp and lump crab salad. The description definitely oversold how much crab came with the salad, as I had to ask the waitress if they even put any on the salad since it was so sparse.

Throughout the meal, our waitress came back to us once, though we needed drink refills, ketchup, more napkins, etc. that we had to flag other servers down for. Two members of our party received incorrect orders and were not given their correct ones until the rest of us were nearly done eating. At the end of the meal, the bill came with 20% gratuity slapped on, which I had a problem with, as the service was mediocre at best.

The band that was playing was absolutely fantastic and there was a nice breeze on the patio, so we were at least able to enjoy the atmosphere. I probably wouldn't give this place a second shot - not that great.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Adrienne L
Hoover, Alabama
“Good Food, Great Service”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We ate lunch on 8/11/13 and ate outside on the patio. The food was great and there was live music on the patio which was great. We will eat here again on the next visit. Great location and atmosphere on the bay.

• Visited August 2013